Hotel Bay Watch
  • Beachfront
Heaven By O(Unawatuna)
Peacock Hotel(Unawatuna)
View Hotel
All reviewshotel has a great locationfresh fruitminutes walkingair constayed daysclean roomssri lankabaywatchbalconybeach
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 18, 2014

Came at night, couldn't find places around Unawatuna, this hotel had two rooms. We decided to stay 1 night and find a better place in the morning. But this Bay Watch hotel we found very good, so we stayed here for all our vacation. Good cuisine, good cook, the owner of hotel is very helpfull and friendly. Also very democrative price, may be one of the best around. Feels like home!

• Stayed: February 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Василий С
Reviewed January 20, 2014

3 years ago we meet a fantastic hostess at the hotel baywatch , helpful and efficient. A very nice place in the village, close to the beach. Rooms are big and confortable with large bed and AC
the new staff is smiling , efficient and good managed.we enjoy very much and come here each year again.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank claudiasturnich
Reviewed January 5, 2014

After a total 25 hour trip from London, we arrived in Unawatuna to find that our hotel booking, which was made through Agoda, was not going to be honoured.
Fortunately, Hotel Bay Watch and Thakshila, a fantastic hostess, came to our rescue, liaising with Agoda to ensure we would have somewhere pleasant to stay. We have spent three wonderful weeks here taking in Christmas and the New Year.
Thakshila has really pulled out all the stops, to ensure that our stay here would be memorable. She has even prepared a complimentary Sri Lankan meal for us. All the staff here are very willing and helpful, even though their English is a tad limited.
I don't usually take reviews very seriously, due to my mistrust of the views of others, but this is at least an honest one, and I can thoroughly recommend Hotel Bay Watch, Galle. (Actually in Unawatuna).

Stayed: December 2013
1  Thank Keith A
Reviewed January 5, 2014

I must be getting old and crotchety.

I read the other reviews before writing mine and I have to agree that the owner of this guest house was a really plleasant person but as a hotel/guset house the place offered a basic room and nothing more. Ok the beach is only two minutes away but there are lots of others with the same claim.

The room was down at heel, clean, bare, basic, without telly, the aircon didn't work, things were taped up to stop them falling apart but I slept well in the strangely high from the floor four poster bed with mosquito netting fitted and a big noisy ceilimng fan overhead.

We were with some travel firm and their offer was half board so the restaurant prepared us some food. I don't think they get a lot of customers. We were asked to choose our meal a couple of hours beforehand presumably so they could buy all the things we needed. When we sat down to eat the chap produced most of the food together. So the tea, which we'd thought of as the after dinner drink, came before the ginger beer and pepsi whilst the sweet pancakes and the curd and trickel came at the same time as the noodles and soup. Bizarre presentation but the food tasted pretty good. My partner had abandoned the dinner table by the time my main course turned up but it was one of the most memorable meals I ate whilst I was in Sri Lanka.

• Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Culebronchris
Reviewed December 13, 2013

My mum and I stayed there for a few days before we went to rent a house in unawatuna. A couple of weeks later when we realised that the owner of the house we were staying at was wry aggressive and rude, we came back and with no notice they move around a room so that we could have our rooms next to each others again. They treated us to a lovely farewell dinner which had the best curries you could imagine. Special mention to duminda (one of the employees), he is a super funny guy and him alone would make me recommend this hotel.

Ill be sure to come back and stay next time I'm in the country

• Stayed: November 2013