“Disappointing”
Review of Pearl Divers

Pearl Divers
Ranked #4 of 14 Tours in Unawatuna
More attraction details
Owner description: We are Unawatunas friendliest, most professional & fully equipped diving center. We have recently opened our authorized PADI Resort S-23613 and have re branded to Pearl Divers so come and have a look at out new Pearl Divers website. Our team of ex navy and international dive instructors are waiting to greet you with big smiles and lots of great dive sites to visit.
Sydney, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Disappointing”
Reviewed January 9, 2014 via mobile

After speaking with most diving stores in unawatuna, I decided to do one dive with pearl divers. Their service, safety standards and gear seemed superior. However after going for my dive today, I have to say I am quite disappointed. Firstly they put me in a group with two divers who have never dived before. Secondly the dive sites were terrible. They were about a 5 minute boat ride from the store and the shore of unawatuna beach. We hardly saw anything except rocks. The wreck was hardly a wreck, more a sunken small fishing boat. There were hardly any fish and when there were the instructor just swam the group straight passed them. There was very little communication underwater. If you do go diving with pearl divers, make sure they take you to a site that is good and far from the shore.

Visited January 2014
1 Thank 15091861
Ringsroundtheworld, Guest Relations Manager at Pearl Divers, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Hi ,
Please excuse that I cannot use your name as we don't recognise your trip advisor profile number against our records . We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your dive with us . As we are dedicated to providing the best diving experience in Unawatuna , can you please send me an email to info@pearldivers.lk as we need to find out who was your dive master and why you seem to have been grouped with first time divers . If you are still in Unawatuna and would like to come on a complimentary dive with us , we would be very happy to arrange this . Visibility is not always good as it depends on weather conditions which we unfortunately do not have any control over . Please get back to us so that we can ensure this does not happen again . If you have already left Sri Lanka and plan to revisit , please do not hesitate to come for your complimentary dive at a later date .
Hope to see you again ,

• Hungarian first
Bengaluru, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“If Unawatuna It's PEARL!”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I am an avid diver. I got my Open water license in Malaysia's Tioman Islands. I was very keen on a good dive school at Una.

Run by a great guy sumit. I got to dive with 2 fabulous instructors - David & Tomas.

This dive school amongst all the schools in Una in one line - Is All Heart!

I just got certified as an Advanced Diver. It was a little too much fun with these guys.

Just call. Book. Fly In. Dive!

Visited January 2014
3 Thank Disha O
London, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Good dive option”
Reviewed January 2, 2014 via mobile

I did a refresher dive and a 25m reef dive here and had a great time.

The staff and dive master were friendly and professional and I felt safe during both dives.

The dives are great value and I saw some really great marine life.

If visiting in December, be aware the current can be strong and the visibility is just ok.

All in all a really good dive operation.

Recommended.

2 Thank Jen_and_Nath
Kansas City, Missouri
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 31 helpful votes
“Confused and Dissapointed”
Reviewed January 1, 2014 via mobile

I had 4 email exchanges with this shop. Each time, I told them which hotel I was staying in, each time they said they would pick me up at 9am.

The day before the dive, they sent me an email confirming a pickup at 10am. I called Darshana to find out what had changed. He apologized because he me got confused due to other pickups in the same area.

The morning of our dive, we are in the hotel lobby at 8:55 ready to go. And we wait... And wait... And wait...

At 9:20 I called Darshana to find out was going on. He wasn't sure but called back in five minutes giving me some story that the hotel wouldn't let drivers into the premises to pickup guests. This made no sense as we had seen a steady stream of drivers arriving to pick people up.

I don't really know what happened or what went wrong, but if they can't figure out how to pick me up at my hotel, I sure don't trust them to take me underwater.

1 Thank RangoMa55
Amsterdam, The Netherlands
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Great!”
Reviewed May 4, 2013

I walked in to this place asking about the possibilities to do my PADI open water. The guys were really helpful and said that I could come by whenever I wanted. 2 days later I started with my PADI open water. My instructor (Indika) was really patient and helped made me feel comfortable while diving (especially descending - I had some trouble in the beginning with descending/clearing my ears). He took the time to answer my questions and the briefing was clear. I really enjoyed diving here, so I decided to do my PADI advanced here as well. I did my last dive this morning and already Im missing it!
I could recommend this place because the prices are good, the people are friendly, it has a good atmosphere and everybody is in for a chat. But most important, while diving these guys are really professional and know what they are doing.

Visited May 2013