“A fantastic yoga teacher”
Review of Yoga with Asiri

Yoga with Asiri
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Daily yoga class starts at 9.30 am and 6.10 pm (Drop in class / beginners welcome). Asiri offers accommodation/yoga/Ayurveda and Food for 160 US$ a night with the beach view room at Asiri Yoga Retreat. Asiri is fomer Sri Lankan Triple Jumper who is practicing Yoga since 1998 and teaching since 2008.He is motivating students and giving valuable tips to improve their abilities for all levels.
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My friend and I wanted to do yoga in Unawatuna and were delighted to find Asiri. He teaches in a lovely setting in a shaded garden which provides the perfect backdrop for when you look to the sky!

Asiri was very welcoming and made us feel very at ease with this type of yoga. Both of us were out of practice but within four session we felt much more flexible and strong. Asiri's teaching methods are very good, explaining to us why we do the moves and advising us not to push too much with certain more complicated moves.

We have both come away from his classes addicted to yoga and pracitising his technique still. We will be back!

Reviewed October 25, 2013

I already did some pilates, but when I stayed in Unawatuna for some weeks, I started with yoga and took lessons from Asiri.

After two lessons I could do the head stand! Asiri helped me to get rid of my annoying back ache. I tried yoga back here in the Netherlands, but nothing is as good as Asiri's lessons! The lessons were mend to be group lessons, but every time I was there I was the only one there and was lucky to get private lessons.

The things that make Asiri's lessons special are the way he tells you not to force postures and he is never making you to focused when to breath in and out. He helps you to find your own balance and rhythm so it feels natural to yourself. This makes that you will feel like being on cloud 9 after his lesson, I loved it!

Reviewed October 21, 2013

The whole experience was fantastic. I have been practising yoga for more than 10 years, and I was surprised by Asiri's level, really challenging and experienced.

The atmosphere and surroundings are amazing, once you step into the class feel already connected and relaxed.

Asiri's knowledge is very high plus he know how to explain and correct the postures.

One of the best yoga experiences I have ever had in my life. I hope you join him again in future!!

Reviewed October 12, 2013

Once you step into this space you feel a warm and welcoming energy of meditation, yoga and laughter. Asiri is knowledgeable, adaptable and creates a space for individuals of all levels to appreciate yoga. He also creates a balance of yoga, meditation and time to reflect. The yoga space is comfortable and accessible to everyone.The daily yoga lessons are very good value for money. Of course being in Sri Lanka is a gift in itself. I learnt so much and I'm looking forward to returning.

Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am based out of Unawatuna and go to Asiri's yoga class whenever I can! His style is classical, and is accommodating to beginners, intermediates, or advanced yogis. I've gone to over 10 classes with Asiri - he has taught me to do postures that I thought weren't possible for me in such a short amount of time! I've seen a lot of growth in my yoga practice by going to his classes, and it is such a wonderful way to start the day - whether you are a beginner or have been doing yoga for years, his class will satisfy you!

3  Thank Alison S