“Great yoga in Unawatuna!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Yoga with Asiri

Yoga with Asiri
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Daily yoga class starts at 9.30 am and 6.10 pm (Drop in class / beginners welcome). Asiri offers accommodation/yoga/Ayurveda and Food for 160 US$ a night with the beach view room at Asiri Yoga Retreat. Asiri is fomer Sri Lankan Triple Jumper who is practicing Yoga since 1998 and teaching since 2008.He is motivating students and giving valuable tips to improve their abilities for all levels.
Dubai
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great yoga in Unawatuna!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

I am based out of Unawatuna and go to Asiri's yoga class whenever I can! His style is classical, and is accommodating to beginners, intermediates, or advanced yogis. I've gone to over 10 classes with Asiri - he has taught me to do postures that I thought weren't possible for me in such a short amount of time! I've seen a lot of growth in my yoga practice by going to his classes, and it is such a wonderful way to start the day - whether you are a beginner or have been doing yoga for years, his class will satisfy you!

Visited September 2013
3 Thank Alison S

• Finnish first
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing! Definitely worth doing!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 7, 2013

My friend and I had seen the signs for Yoga with Asiri and thought about doing it - I'm so glad we did! We even went back for another to. Both Yoga novices Asiri was really accommodating to all the help we needed.

Not only is Asiri a great instructor he is also a lovely guy. I would recommend a yoga session while on your holiday!

1 Thank Kfitz22
Barcelona
277 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 306 helpful votes
“Highly recommended!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 28, 2013

I found this classes excellent! We went twice in the mornings. We wanted to try some yoga in Sri Lanka, ans Asiri was a great teacher. We really enjoyed the classes. Classes are suitable for all ages and no matters if you have experience or not. Theres no pressure at all. He guide the class perfect!
Face is relax, body is relax, breathe deeply!

Auckland Region, New Zealand
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 17 helpful votes
“A life changer ?”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I have just spent 6 weeks "living" in Sri Lanka. Before I left one of my goals was to try Yoga. I have never done it before. At 50 ish both my husband and I have various stiffness issues, so were keen to see if a/ we could actually do it and b/ whether we would derive any benefit from it. We went 3x a week , and really enjoyed it. Although really found things difficult to start with , the classes came in all ages and stages , and there was no pressure or embarrassment. We grew to know Asiri well , he is an inspirational teacher, and we had a lot of laughs and made friends with others. I improved immeasurably , and will continue to practice now that I am home. Sure , it is a bit noisy , hot , there are a few bugs , and the mats are a little grubby , but this is Asia , and I encourage you that it is an experience not to be missed if you are holidaying near Unuwatuna.

1 Thank DHMW
Siem Reap, Cambodia
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 11 helpful votes
“Om Asiri.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 26, 2013

Asiri look after my wife and myself for a 1 week with a combination of Yoga classes and Ayurveda treatments. We found the yoga to be really good, the Classical Yoga is a good mix of Ashtangha and Ying postures .His ayuervedic doctor and masseur were simply outstanding.
Grazie from Maddi & Freddi