“Highly recommended!”
Review of Yoga with Asiri

Yoga with Asiri
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Daily yoga class starts at 9.30 am and 6.10 pm (Drop in class / beginners welcome). Asiri offers accommodation/yoga/Ayurveda and Food for 160 US$ a night with the beach view room at Asiri Yoga Retreat. Asiri is fomer Sri Lankan Triple Jumper who is practicing Yoga since 1998 and teaching since 2008.He is motivating students and giving valuable tips to improve their abilities for all levels.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I found this classes excellent! We went twice in the mornings. We wanted to try some yoga in Sri Lanka, ans Asiri was a great teacher. We really enjoyed the classes. Classes are suitable for all ages and no matters if you have experience or not. Theres no pressure at all. He guide the class perfect!
Face is relax, body is relax, breathe deeply!

All reviews
in 26 reviews
"practice"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed August 26, 2013

My husband and I have just spent 6 weeks "living" in Sri Lanka. Before I left one of my goals was to try Yoga. I have never done it before. At 50 ish both my husband and I have various stiffness issues, so were keen to see if a/ we could actually do it and b/ whether we would derive any benefit from it. We went 3x a week , and really enjoyed it. Although really found things difficult to start with , the classes came in all ages and stages , and there was no pressure or embarrassment. We grew to know Asiri well , he is an inspirational teacher, and we had a lot of laughs and made friends with others. I improved immeasurably , and will continue to practice now that I am home. Sure , it is a bit noisy , hot , there are a few bugs , and the mats are a little grubby , but this is Asia , and I encourage you that it is an experience not to be missed if you are holidaying near Unuwatuna.

1  Thank DHMW
Reviewed August 26, 2013

Asiri look after my wife and myself for a 1 week with a combination of Yoga classes and Ayurveda treatments. We found the yoga to be really good, the Classical Yoga is a good mix of Ashtangha and Ying postures .His ayuervedic doctor and masseur were simply outstanding.
Grazie from Maddi & Freddi

1  Thank NavutuDreamsResort
Reviewed August 23, 2013

Thoroughly recommended, whether you are a novice or advanced. I was persuaded by my gf to try it after she had returned from her first lesson buzzing with excitement! We re now both keen to take it up when we return home. Asri is a great teacher who differentiates the lesson well and pushes you within your own limits. Give it a go,you wont be disappointed.

2  Thank aigyardy
See more reviews
Reviewed July 23, 2013

I have been practising yoga for 18 months regularly and really enjoyed this classic yoga class with Asiri. I went to a group class at Asiri's new outdoor/wall-less studio near the beach and he came to our hotel the next day to provide a private class. There were all levels of student in the class from first-timers to advanced. Asiri adjusted the pace and the level of difficulty nicely. While the yoga is in an outdoor studio it wasn't too hot. If I'd stayed on the beach a week, I would have done a class every day. My 'crow' is now much easier thanks to Asiri.