“Without doubt, the best food in the Galle region.”
Review of Dream House

Dream House
Ranked #36 of 101 Restaurants in Unawatuna
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Description: Guesthouse
Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

Dream House is an entirely appropriate name for this delightful hideaway just off the busy Unawatuna drag. On entering, the visitor is transported into a tranquil, shady world. The cooking is classic, home-style, high quality Italian and would not be out of place in an Italian trattoria. A tribute, no doubt, to its Italian owners. The service is friendly and efficient. A must for anybody who enjoys good food!

Reviewed December 6, 2012

I went there after looking on Lonely Planet's guide, as many people, and as said on previous comments.
I was waiting for some premium, at least good Italian food.
Instead I just received a small plate of "Penne al Pesto", which the pesto actually tasted very familiar. After few spoons I told myself "this is exactly what I cook myself with the Ba**la pot I buy from the supermarket".
Actually the food was not bad but I was waiting for something "from the chef".
Very disappointed for the price.
Adding to that a boring ambiance made of "ascenseur music", a very expensive red wine and shinny christmas lights.
The waiter was quite aware of my demands until he asks me if it was good. I told him the truth, then not anymore dialog, not even a "thank you sir, I'll tell the chef".
Conclusion, beaucoup de blabla pour de la cuisine de base.

Reviewed November 24, 2012

If you are tired of asian food, you should definitely go there...the best italian food ever.
Same level as you eat in a good restaurant in Italy.
the place is beautiful, inside a garden, nice tables, excellent service...one of the best restaurants in unawatuna.

Reviewed May 21, 2012

It seems that many of us have gone here based on the Lonely Planet review of the place. We too were expecting a really nice meal and decided to save this place until our last night in Unawatuna.

The atmosphere is really nice, I will give them that. We sat outside under the trees with candles lighting our table. We thought, this looks great...but no! They gave us a menu and when we started to order they told us that that item was not being served tonight. Ok, so we tried another dish...that too was not being served. In the end, we asked the server to tell us exactly what WAS on the menu, which was about 1/3 of the list! Why not just tell us this when we sat down?

My husband ordered a seafood pasta dish, and I got something that I didn't want and can't even remember (literally every interesting dish was not being served that night- so I ended up with some boring pasta in red sauce, which I could easily make better at home). His seafood smelt a bit...sea foody, but he ate it anyways and we thought it smelt that way because there was many different kinds of sea food in the dish.

So, as you can tell from the title of this review, the sea food was off. Badly! My husband spent the entire night very, very ill and we had to leave early the next morning! Great! Thanks!

Please DO NOT GO HERE!!! The reviews are all over the place, and it seems that the people who got good meals were somehow lucky.

Reviewed March 21, 2012

We visted the Dreamhouse based on a good review in the Lonely Planet. But what a disappointment! We had to wait a long time for the dishes. The risotto was the worst we have ever had; dry, tasteless and overcooked. The wine tasted like vinagar. We didn't finish our meal and went to another resaurant to have some decent food.