“Best meal I've had in Sri Lanka!!!”

Cormaran Beach Club
Ranked #32 of 104 Restaurants in Unawatuna
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Cormaran Beach Club is a beautiful property located right on the famous Unawatuna beach. The restaurant was opened in 2006 and now its running under a new management to provide the guests a better service. We are looking forward to providing the best of our services to anyone who comes in looking for it. Sri Lanka is famous for its hospitality and our Mission is to make the guests have the same opinion about oour restaurant
Reviewed November 2, 2013

Ambience, service, presentation and flavor, flavor, flavor!!! I was VERY impressed! A 'must' to experience!

1  Thank Claudia A

Reviewed October 2, 2013

We saw this place, Cormaran Beach and thought it look really nice, so decided to have a try .
Half of the menu was missing. Everything we chosen wasn't available.
Had a burger which was no good.
After our not so exciting meal, we want to try deserts. Only desert available was fried banana. No thanks.

Reviewed September 9, 2013

among the beach restaurants present on the unawatuna beach, it's difficult to decide in advance as most look similar! so we took a chance with this one as it seemed less on traffic (and therein the mistake!!)

when we ordered they said the order would take some time - which was fine by us as we were in no hurry. so we started off on some vodka with the king-coconut water interspersed with some sea-dips!

but after 2 hrs also when the food did not arrive - and we went to enquire - and the cooks told us they had not yet received our order and our lobster, crab and prawns was still lying uncooked on the kitchen table - that we blew our top! loads of customers who came in after us were served way before us and even left after having the food - we were the only ones whose order was stranded because we took it easy!

after shouting around a bit (which i hate doing on a holiday) did they even start bringing in our starters, followed in quick succession with the main courses. in 10 mins flat they turned round the order but made us wait needlessly for 2 hrs for it!

if this is their level of service when the restaurant was half-empty - imagine the service during a full crowd!

the food was ok, even nice - but the experience was horrible. avoid.

1  Thank SoumitreeG
Reviewed August 31, 2013

This restaurant is the most eye catching restaurant in that area, look comfortable, big, open and like a resort style, calm and relax, for this reason I went there for lunch. Firstly they have a smell of humid kitchen which my partner think is because of the sea, for me is quite disturbing to have a weird smell at a eating place, secondly I wanted to order prawn and on the menu is written accompany with rice, but they don't have jasmine rice (I expected they are fine dining restaurant). So my lunch came, the SMALLEST PORTION I've ever seen in Sri Lanka, I traveled everywhere in this country and always they are serving very big portion that one lady never able to finish, however this restaurant is serving like a kid's menu portion, a smaller than cupcake size of rice and few prawn together. The price is not local price, is hotel price, we have to spend around 10usd to 15usd per person just on food. I doubt to visit there again.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

So me and my boyfriend were looking to have a romantic dinner on our last night so we decided to head down to Cormaran.... The atmosphere was just perfect with candle lit lamps at each table... On the downside they had a very bad selection of wine. Also they refused to open a new bottle of wine as open bottles were not available when we wanted to order by the glass and they seemed very apprehensive about it even though the beverage menu stated we could orde by the glass.. We waited for. Over 45 minutes for the food... But the far away lights and soft music at the resort didn't get us pondering much... But the wait was simply worth it. Perfect stake and good presentation.service was very average aswell... But the view and atmosphere with the food seemed to have compensate all draw backs...overall nice place...