“Just Beautiful”
other travelers have booked this property
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Kirsty W
New Delhi, India
“Just Beautiful”
Reviewed October 13, 2013 for a stay in October 2013

We spent a week here with our 10 year old daughter. The house and garden are beautiful. There is an abundance of wildlife to see in the garden, we saw monkeys, a kingfisher ( a paradise for twitchers!), frogs, a large terrapin and lots of fire flies in the evenings - not to mention the 3 rescued street dogs that live there (they are very friendly). The pool is lovely and we used it a lot. I think I can honestly say that this is one of the most relaxing vacations we have ever had.
The beach is a 10 minute tuk tuk ride away - we went to Wijaya beach - great restaurant, best tuna steak I've had in years. Galle is about 20 minutes away and also worth a visit.
We arrived very late at night, but were met by "the boys" Upul and Jagarth. Upul whipped us up some tasty (very fresh) prawns with some roti, despite it being the early hours of the morning, and of course a chilled bottle of beer.
I hope we get the opportunity to return. If you simply want to chill out, in beautiful surroundings, this is the place to go.

Overall condition of the property Bedding & mattresses
Kitchen & utensils Bathroom cleanliness
Other facilities & amenities Service
Traveling group: Young Children
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
Recommended for:
Friends getaway Families with young children
  • Was the property as advertised?
  • Would you recommend the location of this property?
  • Was it a good value for the price paid?
  • Did the property offer wi-fi/internet access?
Mary00000...
“Such a beautiful place!”
Reviewed September 1, 2013 for a stay in August 2013

We wanted to be away from the crowds and The Petals was perfect!!! It's so tranquil and restful and gorgeous surrounded by paddy fields. The rooms are sooo comfortable and Upul and his family are lovely people who we will really miss. He takes so much trouble to make your stay a great one. His cooking is delicious and he does great bbqs!!

Location Cleanliness
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   Yes.
London
Reviewed May 12, 2013 for a stay in March 2013
person found this review helpful

Luxury-minded travelers
Brighton
Reviewed May 9, 2013 for a stay in April 2013

Luxury-minded travelers
Mora
Reviewed May 6, 2013 for a stay in January 2013

Recommended for:
A romantic getaway People with disabilities
Older travelers Luxury-minded travelers
Rugged travelers
Essex
Reviewed March 16, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

West Australia
Reviewed March 13, 2013 for a stay in March 2013

A romantic getaway Older travelers
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing