Definitely a lovely hotel, with very friendly staff, room almost perfect, it would be if there was sufficient lighting, the light is so low it is impossible to read in bed without a torch.
However with the high price they charge a few things need to be improved:
- We were left without electricity a few times and for 2 hours on New Year's Eve! It is not acceptable that a boutique hotel and restaurant does not have a generator. The closest competitor Thapraban does have one!
- On new Year's date the restaurant and bar were closed and the whole place felt like a desert! We had to get a drink next door, really not a good experience for residents, even the front door was closed and no lighting in the common areas in the evening, still we were not warned in advance and did not receive any discounts.
- The reception area is hardly manned and there is never anybody around with some experience able to help. On departure morning it took us more than 40 minutes to get our bill and many telephone calls with the owner to agree final price and exchange rate.
- In summary the whole place seems to revolve only around the restaurant forgetting they have residents guests they need looking after.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Built in 2011, Kingfisher Hotel is beachside boutique hotel on Unwatuna Bay. We have 4 modern rooms with A/C, hot water, mini-fridge, international satellite TV, WiFi, and every room has its own balcony with an ocean view. You can also join us downstairs in our delicious restaurant or have a cocktail overlooking the water. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Travelocity, Booking.com, Priceline and Agoda so you can book your Kingfisher Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.