“great pizza on the beach”
Review of Hot Rock

Hot Rock
Ranked #22 of 101 Restaurants in Unawatuna
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 1, 2014

Ice cold beer, great pizza. Got them to add extra toppings :). Friendly staff and good service. They had a covered area if the sun was too hot with fans. Nice to chat with the owner. Good view of the temple and Big Buddah. Beach vendors came to us and we did buy a couple of shirts from a sweet older lady. Also got a good deal on a wood carving from another man.

Reviewed December 17, 2013

We went to hot rock on a rainy windy evening and it really is a beautiful spot though the place itself is pretty much a very basic open air joint. Great place to hang out for a peaced out evening/afternoon and have a few beers. The soups they had there were good and the curry and rice was nice but nothing special. I'd go there just to spend some quiet time with a group of people or even alone and sip a beer, munch on some food and enjoy the sea breeze!

1  Thank nikhilawasty
Reviewed December 2, 2013

They were talking about me and my Sri Lankan husband,very immature and rude.they onky have local alcohool.they refused to serve many people as it was 11pm which is strange for a bar!

1  Thank Noahkeziah
Reviewed November 11, 2013

This was first visit to Sri Lanka, I stayed at Blanca Cottage in Unawatuna and Hot Rock Resturant also from the same family.
There was a nice Cocktail bar in Hot Rock Restaurant and trust me, that was the best cocktail I have had ever in my life. Price was reasonable, and there were so many variations, and all of them were in world class standard.

1  Thank Amanda K
Reviewed November 11, 2013 via mobile

As the headline says...I really can't recommend it anymore

The staff are so friendly especially one waiter. Always helpful staff,cheap tasty food with good portions and right nxt to the beach. I'm going to miss this one

1  Thank Ugiagbe U