“Amazing, tranquil experience”
Review of The Sanctuary Spa

The Sanctuary Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: A massage spa offering relaxing treatments e.g. Swedish massage, Ayurvedic massage, Face massage, Shirodara treatment, Herbal steam bath etc set in a tranquil lush tropical garden down a small lane off the beach road. Booking is essential - Please book with Ranga +94 (0) 77 307 8583 to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed July 19, 2014

This beautiful spa is tucked away in Unawatuna. Beautiful tranquil gardens and open fields with palm trees surround. I loved the "open air" rooms and natural setting. The manager is a lovely, accommodating man and the masseurs were amazing. Not dirt cheap, but very affordable and an incredible experience. I would recommend to anyone visiting Galle/Unawatuna; simply beautiful.

3  Thank Lucy C

Reviewed May 6, 2014

The ambience of the Spa is really beautyfull, the massage very relaxing. The masseuse who took care of me was very friendly and found the sore spots on my back immediatly.

One thing I have to critisice: Apparently the PRICES on their HOMEPAGE are NOT CORRECT anymore what I was told rather snootily by the young man at the front desk. I payed LKR 7000.- instead of the LKR 5800.- according to the homepage - for the full treatment. When I asked why they havent changed the prices on the homepage he told me that they do not have access to the homepage and can't change it.

4  Thank JuliettaSH
Reviewed April 6, 2014 via mobile

By far THE WORST massage I have ever had. Dirty with sweaty smelly, stained towels. My masseur had rough hands like a lumberjack and scratched me several times. The desire to massage my buttocks and expose them ( the rooms are overlooked by reception/waiting area) was extremely uncomfortable. The stomach "massage" so painful (I should note here I have a high pain threshold and reguarly receive thai massages) that I cried out in pain and asked him to stop for fear of finding my kidneys popping out of my armpits. But by far the worse part was having my hair roughed and pulled to the extent that clumps of hair fell out and days later I still have a headache. The hair on top of my head is visibly thinner and I can only hope it grows back! Avoid this place at all costs. Oh and there were no candles or flower petals either.

4  Thank Londonbornandraised
Reviewed April 6, 2014

The second year - and i hope it will be every year)) - i visit this paradise spa salon! Be sure its absolutely beautiful and perfectly spa salon as well place for your "time well spent for yourself" )). It has very friendly professional therapists, perfectly atmoshere and massage! Thank you very much for your friendliness and paradise place Sri Lanka! My master was Nadoo and i had deep strong and very good massage! So my strong recommendation - if you have vacation in Unawatuna be sure - you need to visit this Spa!

3  Thank Glukhova
Reviewed March 25, 2014

Visited the Sanctuary spa three times for a 1 hour ayurvedic massage. The massage rooms are surrounded by very beautiful jungle.

While it was probably the most expensive massage in Unawatuna (LKR3500 for 1 hour), I returned because of the lovely surroundings and beautifully designed and rustic massage rooms. I knew I was getting a quality massage here in a setting that would relax me.

At the end of the massage you also receive a fresh young coconut which is a lovely touch.

I always left feeling very rejuvenated and blissed out.

3  Thank mermaid00mermaid