“Heavenly”
Review of The Sanctuary Spa

The Sanctuary Spa
More attraction details
Owner description: A massage spa offering relaxing treatments e.g. Swedish massage, Ayurvedic massage, Face massage, Shirodara treatment, Herbal steam bath etc set in a tranquil lush tropical garden down a small lane off the beach road. Booking is essential - Please book with Ranga +94 (0) 77 307 8583 to avoid disappointment.
Reviewed February 14, 2014

I think this is the most beautiful place i've had a massage in.Its located down a little alleyway across from the beach and is simple and cute There are about 5 treatment rooms and two of them seem like they are in a treehouse. I could hear the waves of the Indian ocean and look out onto the branches of coconut palms while monkeys were swinging in them.
The therapists are all uniformed and everything is clean.The atmosphere is professional and smart and the manager always takes care to ask if you enjoyed it.I had an all body massage which i really loved and left me feeling too relaxed to move. I went 3 times on my holiday.Really nice experience...Dont miss it

1  Thank LondonJogo

Reviewed February 13, 2014

It was night and it was raining we came up with an idea for massage - came to sanctuary and waited only half an hour - one hour massage in row atmosphere no windows no proper walls, just the wild and really nice professional hands. I was very relaxed and over all had great experience - definitely advice to try :)

1  Thank Bela1982
Reviewed February 10, 2014 via mobile

We were very lucky and could make an appointment for the same afternoon, both of us for the head and shoulder massage. It was so relaxing, the aroma oils smelled amazing, and afterwards I felt super. The atmosphere is also very serene. It was a bit more expensive than other spas (2600 LKR for 30 mins) but it is definitely worth it!

1  Thank Seline H
Reviewed February 7, 2014

The title is correct this is a Sanctuary........it is located just opposite a main section of the beach, walk down the path into a great garden, you just wouldn't expect this. The manager has really good english and is able to help with making massage choices, I opt for the swedish massage. The massage is in cabins, which give you privacy but not not close you off from hearing the waves. The massage is very relaxing and on one of my vists I actually fell asleep! There is no rush to leave and you can take your time to get dressed and take some coconut milk. If you are in Unawatuna I would recommed this place a good experience to take, you won't find anything like this when you are back home and it is raining.

1  Thank Jon P
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Lovely, relaxed and great value place hidden from the main beach road in Unawatuna. Very pretty surroundings and great massage. I went three times on my last holiday and both massage therapists I had were really good. The manager explained to one that I wanted a mix between Swedish and deep tissue massage and the therapist took it on board and tailor made it to my requirements perfectly. Management seems to have taken on board previous comments as I was asked if I wanted the head massage with or without oil.

1  Thank lindalazer