“Lovely Place”

S7000489.JPG
S7000490.JPG
S7000495.JPG
S7000504.JPG
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Reviews from our community

Any
Anne H
Barnsley
“Loved Unawatuna, Hated Villa!”
Reviewed January 15, 2012 for a stay in December 2011
people found this review helpful

We absolutely loved Sri lanka and Unawatuna.
About a week before our holiday we were informed by the owner, Shaun, that the villa was staffed 24 hours a day. A maid during the day and a nightwatchman, and guard dog during the night (the dog was supposed to be in its cage during the day). That didnt sound like my idea of 'peace and tranquility', but at least, I thought, the villa would be spotless if the maid was there 12 hours a day!!
When we first arrived we were shown around the villa, downstairs the lounge and kitchen were open plan. I looked into the kitchen area (as a keen cook) and was horrified! It was obvious everything was filthy. After we unpacked I attempted to clean the work surfaces with antibacterial wipes that I had taken with me, it was impossible, they were too dirty. I cleaned the kettle to make a drink but after looking in the fridge decided our self catering holiday would have to change to room only! The fridge was dirty with all sorts of bits of food inside (a growing garlic bulb 1/2 a jar of something or other etc, etc).
After the first day we simply used 1 Bedroom upstairs and just entered the house to use the safe. Now all the maid had to do was clean 1 bedroom and 1 bathroom, the waste bin in the bathroom wasnt even emptied daily. Prehaps she was too busy sat in the lounge watching TV or doing her family washing and putting it on the sunloungers to dry. The final straw was the day we went to the safe and saw her cooking, we asked what she was cooking and she said it was the dogs dinner. Were we supposed to use the same pans as the dog??
The guard dog was allowed free run of the villa grounds at night and quite often through the day aswell, despite being told it had bitten 2 children. It constantly jumped all over us. The one occaision I used the sunlounger in the garden, the dog was on it before me!
When we returned to the villa on a night we had to bang on the gate, wait for the watchman to wake up, wait for him to put the dog away, wait for him to unpadlock the gate and then be allowed into the villa that was supposed to be ours for 2 weeks.
Getting to and from the villa proved to be a nightmare. In daylight you could climb the 140 steps then clamber over steep rocks and shale, but in the dark a tuk tuk seemed more sensible. Tuk tuk drivers were very hesitant to take us up the 'mountain', they thought their tuk tuks wouldnt make it, my husband, did, on one occaision, have to push one!!
Again I would like to say how much we loved Unawatuna, But would never consider using this villa again.

Bedding & mattresses Kitchen & utensils
Bathroom cleanliness Other facilities & amenities
Traveling group: With Spouse/Partner
Your age range 35-49
Would you recommend this hotel to a friend?   No.
UAE
Reviewed August 11, 2010 for a stay in July 2010

Value Rooms
Location Cleanliness
Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Family with young children
Your age range 45-54

Check in / front desk Service
Traveling group: Spouse / significant other
Your age range 45-54
Would I recommend this vacation rental to my best friend?
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing