“Great stopover in the south!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of B's Place

B's Place
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Unawatuna
B's Place
Ranked #114 of 144 Unawatuna B&B and Inns
Southampton, United Kingdom
“Great stopover in the south!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 14, 2012

We stayed here for three nights whilst travelling through the south, great value, nice clean room. 400 rupee a night for the room with a sea view.

The owner is great and a very nice guy. He changed my dollars for me and is very trustworthy!

Would deffinately recommend the accommodation, and the food they serve, great value!

Matt and Edith

• Stayed January 2012

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Melbourne, Australia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2010

To all readers PLEASE do not view this as an attack on most of the fine people that live in Unawatuna,Sri Lanka,for they are wonderful people in an amazing country.I have never been treated with such humilliation and crap in any place i have ever stayed in my life.The sheer robbery and intimidation i received at this place from a certain SUJI was a discgrace.I was looking for a place to stay near the beach and was offered the reasonable rate of 800rupies a night,this is roughly 8US$,very cheap in any-one's language...my mistake.My first error-leaving my passport,some cash and my Australian sim card with the manager(In a supposedly secure area)....On going out on the second night i took 10000rupies out of my money belt,this should have left a balance of 12000rupies,first,"crap",of this place...on checking my money belt the following lunchtime i was horrified to find 2000rupies in my money belt.I thought to myself i may as well give these people another chance being the gentleman i am.Second,"crap",i payed a bill for 3 days of 6750 rupies(Inc food and drinks),the manager wrote a bill for 3450 rupies less than this amount i can only asume he pocketed the money.There was 1 other occasion which i will not write for only the courteous way in which the other staff treated me at this hotel.The rooms were never cleaned and i was pushed on many occasions into eating at the hotel restaurant..I was horrified to learn when after 5 days i left this place my Australian Phone card..had mysteriously dissapeared(from my Secure Place of holding!).I urge all travellers to by-pass this hotel on the beach..at first this guy seems very genuine..DONT take the chance!..

• Stayed June 2010, traveled solo

Travelers are raving about these Unawatuna hotels

kerala
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2010

B's Place is the best hotel in SriLanka. When u're in SL dont forget to drop in here as it has all the things SL has to offer. As a tourist me and my family enjoyed it to the fullest.

• Stayed May 2010, traveled with family