“Pleasant Location”

Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Unawatuna, Sri Lanka
“Pleasant Location”
Reviewed December 22, 2012

Great location with an eating area surrounding a very impressive pool area.
Somewhat dated decor but I assume an Austrian or German influence from a couple of decades ago. Menu also dated but a wide choice, slightly heavy food for this climate and quality that night was disappointing. My risotto was very acceptable.

Visited July 2012

Colombo, Sri Lanka
“Just for Lunch and a look around”
Reviewed December 18, 2012

Called in for lunch and a look around while I was visiting Untawatuna. Lunch was perfect the best food and service I had experienced in Unawatuna. Rooms all looked very nice. The super delux room with private plung pool..very special

Visited December 2012
Chester, United Kingdom
“You must eat here!!”
Reviewed December 13, 2012

We went to the Flower Garden after reading about it in the Rough Guide. It was the best food we had in the whole of our 2 week tour of Sri Lanka. Its tucked away, don't be put off by the little alleyway that you have to go down, because when you get in there it really is a hidden oasis. The tables are located around the pool area (or you can sit inside a bit), but it really is a lovely location. The food I thought initially was a bit pricy for Una but the cost includes a starter and a dessert, so in fact it was great value. We ended up eating there two nights out of the six we stayed in Una, so that kind of gives you a clue and we recommended it to others who all agreed the quality is brilliant. We had steak in red wine sauce one night, which was beautiful - certainly would rival any steak restaurant in the UK. One time I had salad for a starter, which was well presented and dressed and the second time I had soup, which again was so tasty. Highly recommended - eat here at least once during your stay.

• Visited December 2012
London, England, United Kingdom
“Excellent food”
Reviewed November 29, 2012

We considered staying here when originally planning our trip but were put off by reports of mosquitoes. In the event I do not recall seeing a single one in Unawatuna which is a relief as I do suffer from them. The restaurant was probably the best we found and we ate there twice. What I particularly liked was that the main course included in the price the starter and dessert of the day, and the soups were heavenly! Highly recommended the seafood platter for the princely sum of £7.50 (including starter and dessert!!)

Visited November 2012
Stockholm, Sweden
“Good dinner and fantastic breakfast”
Reviewed November 7, 2012

We styead at Flower garden in three nights and stayed for dinner one night. It was ok, the personal was too busy while the restaurant was fully booked. I prefer more quiet places. But the breakfast was really the most perfect.

Visited November 2012