We booked through AGODA for two days and stayed on 26 & 27 th of April. The check in was fast. Booked for Superior room with balcony and beach view. Managed to get a beach facing room (No 3) which had a big balcony too. The room was nicely done with a reasonably sized toilet , round the clock hot water facility. Lighting inside room is not suitable for reading but in such a location you should not expect that. The bed was queen size. The AC unit was under rated for the size of the room and took much time to cool the volume. The TV didnt have much channel options but still managed to get the cricketing action and news updates. Overall the room was nice. The food was very nice but limited options. Room service was quick. Carry couple of water cans as it is slightly over priced inside the hotel. There are nearby shops within 70m for water and other stuffs. The beach was nice and you cannot swim directly in front of this property (we didn't do it!) Get down to the beach from behind the hotel and walk 20 m you get much safer places for swimming. Nice disco and restaurants onto the left side of this property walkable through the beach & road ( 100m) for better night life. Try Happy Banana for Friday night outs and good fish delicacies. Distance to Galle fort is Rs 300 bu tuk tuk ( they will ask for 400-500, bargain for best deals). Overall nice rooms overlooking the beach, good food at affordable rates, always smiling people to take care of you. Recommended for family and friend groups. No swimming pool inside this property but they will arrange to use the pool at their adjacent property ( 250m walk) with excellent views of the sea. The water is saline inside the pool. Visit the place after 5 pm for superb sunset view. Would definitely return !!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thaproban Beach house is by the world famous Unawatuna beach. It has oneof the very few best known restaurants in the region. Some rooms areoverlooking the Indian Ocean with private balcony and lot of comfort. Rooms are equipped with A/C, Satellite T.V (LCD), Mini bar, In room teamaking facility, En suite bathroom with hot and cold waterand well furnished. Safe facility is provided and free Wifi in Public area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Priceline, Agoda and Booking.com so you can book your Thaproban Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thaproban Beach House Hotel Unawatuna
- Thaproban Beach Hotel
- Thaproban Beach Unawatuna