This was actually a very nice place right “on” the beach but beware of “ocean view” rooms. There are only a few rooms that actually face the ocean and from most rooms you can only see the ocean when stepping outside your room.
This is one of the examples where a building was put right back onto its original foundations after the 2004 tsunami. The problem is that the tsunami changed the share of the entire shoreline. So this property is now right “on” the water with making the beach/restaurant sand patio inaccessible during certain high tides as waves will break and splash right there.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thaproban Beach house is by the world famous Unawatuna beach. It has oneof the very few best known restaurants in the region. Some rooms areoverlooking the Indian Ocean with private balcony and lot of comfort. Rooms are equipped with A/C, Satellite T.V (LCD), Mini bar, In room teamaking facility, En suite bathroom with hot and cold waterand well furnished. Safe facility is provided and free Wifi in Public area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Thaproban Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thaproban Beach House Hotel Unawatuna
- Thaproban Beach Hotel
- Thaproban Beach Unawatuna