Booked the week (first week out of 4 in Sri Lanka) from Sweden before leaving. Arrived at the airport and where pick-up'ed by Presana, an employed driver. Arriving from two weeks in India I was surprised of the clean and well maintained airport. Presana spoke really good English and we had a pleasant two hour drive down to Unawatuna. The hotel is, together with their sister hotel Thambanpanni, probably two out of five-six best hotels in Unawatuna. Nice clean rooms (cleaned every day), superb breakfast menu (included in my rate), great restaurant menu at nighttime with good choice of seafood. The staff (everyone) always had a nice smile and positive attitude, they greated you by your name all the time (which seemed to be an honest gesture). The hotel is situated between a small narrow but very loud street and the ocean! You might say that you are stuck between two loud options, the street or the waves from the ocean. You might think that the sound from the ocean is a bit romantic but I might say that they are loud! Try to ask for a room that are not one of those options (if possible).
After the first week I swopped for another hotel and decreased my cost per night from us 55 to us 20, only 25 meters from Thaproban. Rooms almost the same but no breakfast (you can still eat that at Thaproban at the cost of 800 rupiees).
Pros; clean, familiarity, restaurant, "location", use of sisterhotels pool.
Cons; expensive, "loud location".
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Thaproban Beach house is by the world famous Unawatuna beach. It has oneof the very few best known restaurants in the region. Some rooms areoverlooking the Indian Ocean with private balcony and lot of comfort. Rooms are equipped with A/C, Satellite T.V (LCD), Mini bar, In room teamaking facility, En suite bathroom with hot and cold waterand well furnished. Safe facility is provided and free Wifi in Public area. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Priceline and Booking.com so you can book your Thaproban Beach House reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thaproban Beach House Hotel Unawatuna
- Thaproban Beach Hotel
- Thaproban Beach Unawatuna