“Amazing Experience,Great staff”

Ranked #2 of 6 Hotels in Dikwella
Galle, Sri Lanka
“Amazing Experience,Great staff”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

i was there in couple of days ago & it was a awesome experience mixer of quality & professionalism.The movement i enter i fell like home & everything was well organize for my anniversary.The FOM (Rodney) well come us & lead to to the room which was nice touch.Room is very well set up & mattress & linen so comfortable couldn't want to leave.The food is delicious & service is top of the world.The restaurant is located upper floor & it has a breath taking view of Indian ocean.My wife & two kids are really like the place & still talking about how happy they're.
I have traveled in lots of places but this place is something very special to me & great thanks to manager(Mirza Borham) to run this place spotlessly.Great job.Definitely I'll be back. Peshan,Achini,senethmi & chaniru.

Room Tip: Room no 57.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
Rodney P, Front Office Manager at Dickwella Resort & Spa, responded to this review, December 18, 2013
Dear Mr. Peshan,

Reading your comments gives me great pleasure to know that you have enjoyed your stay here at "Dickwella Resort & Spa". As always we take great pride in providing our guest with an exceptional service to go along with the memories they would take away with them that would last a lifetime.
It would be our utmost pleasure to welcome you back to our wonderful property and the Management, Me & Mr. Mirza Borham would like to thank you of your positive comments.

Rodney Plunkett

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

i went with my family of 16 and we had a great time...the hotel staff including the general manager were really nice and the pool / beah surrounding the hotel was excellent!!!! we could walk into the sea without any fear..even my 3 year old son walked between waves and had a great time...we played cricket the whole 3 days and it was fun.. they have other sports also..
food was great too..we stayed in a family suite and it was very spacious with an upstaire... altogether it was a great holiday...

Room Tip: get rooms closer to the pool and facing the sea/ siuts are very spacious and great for families with...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
Rodney P, Front Office Manager at Dickwella Resort & Spa, responded to this review, November 3, 2013
Dear Tavinya,

Greetings from Dickwella Resort & Spa.
first of all i would like to thank you for the positive comments given after your memorable stay here in our wonderful Resort.
As always we take great pride in providing our guests with the best possible service and with the guidence of our General Manager we always stride to go the distance in providing the best to our guests.
it will be our pleasure to welcome you back and as always.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

An amazing place to relax and relieve your mind.......!!!!! Beautiful place :) mouthwatering meals.....!!!! The pool over looking the beach is just absolutely breath taking :)..... !!!!! Great service :) awesome staff :)...... An amazing experience :D....!!!! The best place to be on a holiday :) love that place :) don't miss out this amazing place :)

Room Tip: Rooms close to the beach is peaceful and amazing :)
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Khiara S
Dear Ms. Khiara,

Greetings from Dickwella Resort & Spa.

I would like to thank you for the time taken in potting some positive comments after spending a memorable stay here in our Resort.
looking at your comments I could notice that you were fully satisfied with the Service, Food & Location which makes us happy as we try our utmost best to make each and every guests feel special.

Cape Town
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 20, 2013

My wife and I and another couple recently spent 3 nights at the resort...a fantastic 3 nights! Firstly, the one negative and I've seen it written about before is that the place needs some TLC and modernizing.
That said, the location will knock your socks off. Easily one of the most breathtakingly beautiful places I have seen in my life (and I'm not exaggerating).
A close second would have to be the staff who went out of their way to make us feel at home and were always on hand to help out or just to ask how you're doing (and actually mean it).
I have to single out Bouttika for special mention as he is just a fantastic guy!
We really miss the place and will definitely recommend it and hope to return

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Mr. Barnz_Za,

Greetings from "Dickwella Resort & Spa".
it was a pleasure to have you stay here at our Resort with your friends, Though I didn’t get a chance to meet you personally as I was on holiday, I have got a lot of good feedback from our colleagues mentioning of the positive and energetic attitude you had while you were here.
Looking at your comments I see that you have mentioned that our resort needs some modernizing, which is absolutely true and we at present have started on upgrading our facilities. Hopefully you would notice it on your next stay.
Your positive feedback to Mr. Buddhika our F & B Attendant has been noted and special thank you has been given to him from our end.
Once again I would like to thank you for choosing "Dickwella Resort & Spa" and would love to welcome you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 26, 2013

I stayed with my family at Dickwella Resort from 7-8 September 2013. I was a part of a group who visits Matara annually for the church feast and we stay at Dickwella Resort every year.

Therefore as a frequent visitor to your hotel I must mention that there was a vast improvement specially from the food related area of the hotel. The buffet layout was much better than what it used to be and there was a vast array of food for the guests to choose from. There was a choice of salads and it seemed as the food was plan to cater to all sorts of palates. I specially enjoyed the mutton buriyani and it was a difficult choice for a guest to choose sweet treats from the dessert buffet as there was a multiple choice. Also the hotel was flexible in stretching their standard meal times to accommodate our needs as we had to have meals at late hours arriving from the church.

Only improvement I see is the rundown state of the restaurant which dampen the quality of the food display, etc. So looking at ways to enhance the appearance of the restaurant will no doubt bring you more guests.

Overall it was a pleasant stay and we look forward to visit your hotel soon.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Rodney P, Front Office Manager at Dickwella Resort & Spa, responded to this review, October 7, 2013
Dear Carmaline,

Greetings from Dickwella Resort & Spa.
By reading your positive comments we feel pleased that our hard work put in to making your stay here a memorable one has not gone away unnoticed by you.

We are at present looking in to the improvement of some of our facilities and you would definitely see a vast improvement on your next visit.

Hoping to welcome you soon
Cerritos, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

Wow!!!! What an awesome experience. We stayed at this hotel for 2 nights and the view of the beach from our room was breathtaking. The service from the GM and his staff was extraordinary. The Food that was served at the buffet had a varied look to suit our palates. I had a personal liking of the salted fish that was served. I am hoping to make another visit to Sri Lanka next year with a couple of my friends and if I ever venture to the southern part of Sri Lanka, this resort is the place for me to stay. Keep up the good work, guys!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Sherad M
Dear Sherad,

Warm greetings from "Dickwella Resort & Spa".
We are very thankful for the comments given to us after the completion of your vacation in our wonderful Resort, We take great pride in giving each and every guest of ours a memorable stay. and by reading your comments feels we have achieve it.
Hoping to welcome you back.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 20, 2013

I stayed three nights at the hotel with my family.My kids wanted to stay an extra day.They loved the hotel and the beach.The service was fantastic for the price and the staff were very polite and helpful.

• Stayed September 2013
Dear Mr. Sharmanmouffer,

Greetings from "Dickwella Resort & Spa".

I would like to thank you for taking the time in updating your comments on Tripadvisor.com and is glad to know that you extended your stay as you have fallen in love with the place.
We always try our utmost best to provide our guests with a memorable stay and would be glad to welcome you back to our Resort on your next visit.

Rodney Plunkett
Also consider these accommodations in or near Dikwella
Anantara Peace Haven Tangalle Resort
#5 of 20 in Tangalle
Weligama Bay Resort
Weligama Bay Resort
#5 of 12 in Weligama

Been to Dickwella Resort & Spa? Share your experiences!