Tripadvisor
Dikwella
All reviews breakfasts were great stayed here sri lanka tonic fridge towels balcony salt beds surf pool
Selected filters
Reviewed January 1, 2020 via mobile

Nethmi greeted us with a lovely help. There was a mix up with our booking but they were quick to help us fix it. We had a beautiful big room. The pool saved us from the scorching heat! It was minutes walk from the beach. We had resident monkey and nothing but the sounds of the jungle around us.
I complemented the chef Supun on his Dahl and he promptly offered me an impromptu (FREE) cooking class the next day outside where he showed me how to make the Dahl and all the curry fixings, which we proceeded to eat for lunch. The breakfasts were great each morning and included. The Gin and Tonics pool side were just what I needed. Our stay there was very relaxing and I would definitely go back. Sorry about the photos. I took a lot of video but trip advisor wont give me the option to up load it.

Date of stay: December 2019
Reviewed December 14, 2019 via mobile

We stayed here with our 3 teenagers who unfortunately all were unwell as we arrived. The level of care and attentiveness, help from staff was unprecedented - they went out to buy coconut for dehydration, made special soups and teas and provided local tonics. It was incredibly touching. Thank you.
Not to mention very clean, comfy rooms with air con, a lovely pool and some hot water. Easy 2 min stroll to the beach. I could stay here much longer.
Could not recommend highly enough.

Date of stay: December 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
Reviewed October 22, 2019 via mobile

It was a great time the staff is very professional and friendly !!!
The place is clean and beautiful !!
I travel for a 21 days and It was the best hotel in sri lanka for me and all of this specialy because the staff

Reviewed October 19, 2019 via mobile

I have to say that in all my traveling years, I have never had such outstanding service like I had here with the amazing Amila and Tussare. Me and my partner and actually our couple friends also slept before in other places in hiriketiya and of course all Sri Lankan people are so polite and nice. But this was beyond our expectations.
Let's start with the cleanliness of the place. The pool is cleaned every day. Also our rooms were spotless clean every day. Rooms with aircon and fan so no mosquitos. Warm water. Fridge. Comfortable bed and pillows. TV with many channels. And the best breakfast I had in every place I stayed in Sri Lanka or any hotel in south east Asia. So tasty, big, and filled with color. And of course everyone is in love with Amila's pancakes. Yes, you've never eaten pancakes like these. The service is what made out two days, become 2 weeks in hiriketiya and especially in this resort. Such great service, and so much trust and care. If it's the different people here, and each one has his own likes. This one likes the salt, this one with coffee before the surf, then the food, or vegetarians, or allergies, or if someone goes to the pool and likes his towel waiting for him- all this happens without even asking. Every person that stayed here was shocked. I promise you that hiriketiya first of all is the most beautiful place in Sri Lanka, and that hiriketiya beach resort is a one in a million resort in Sri Lanka and with amila and tussareh we just hit the jackpot.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
NSamarawikram, Manager at Hiriketiya Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 20, 2019

you are a great guest to stay with us. And so familiar to us. We miss you and your boss. we appreciate your comment to improve our business. Thank you so much. we hope you again and again.
Hiriketiya Beach resort
Manager

Reviewed October 5, 2019 via mobile

A gem of a place set very slightly back from the beach, meaning you get to feel like you’re in the middle of nowhere!
We visited start of October so technically out of season, but the waves were pretty good, intermediate to advanced level apparently (I’m not a surfer! )
The rooms are clean and tidy, we are only here for two nights, but our beds have been made and towels changed already on the first morning.
A tiny hop to the beach, and my gosh it is soooo beautiful! The beach hits selling roti and pizza are a welcome break.
And right next door to the delightful Salt, they have yoga and delightful food and shade! So a lovely retreat
All in all, a perfect way to spend the last couple of our nights in Sri Lanka.
Thank you!