“Mr”
Check Availability
Request to Book
Make Inquiry
Excellent
This property is not available for these dates.
Show all rentals available

Any
Benedict...
“Mr”
Reviewed March 30, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Absolutely luxury, by far the most beautiful
retreat I have ever stayed in. Incredible food from the gifted in house chef. Intelligent yoga and the amazing pool and beach. Super relaxing environment. Would thoroughly recommend. Five stars doesn’t do it justice.

Apr 1, 2018
Thank you Ben, what a lovely review, Im so pleased you made the most of being able to properly relax, your bedroom has the best view in the house. Your presence on the retreat was fantastic, I particularly loved your epic photography direction. Please come back soon!
richardhw...
Wirral, United Kingdom
“Wow ! What an amazing beachfront villa.”
Reviewed March 15, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

Meda Gedara is a true gem. It's set in extensive tropical and private gardens which lead down to lovely sandy beach and the ocean. You have the beach almost entirely to yourself ( no hawkers ) and the ocean is great for energetic swimming.In the gardens is a two tier pool with waterslide which provided hours of entertainment and photo opportunities.

There are wonderful views from almost every room in the villa. My room was an ocean view room. It was huge! It had bi folding doors that opened onto a balcony where I just used to stand or sit and look out, absorb the warmth and the views, and listen to the waves crashing in. It was so good to wake up and enjoy these views.
Our meals were served in an elegant loggia which again had the views and overlooked the pools.
The food was 5*. Fabulous Sri Lankan curries ( different flavours to Indian curries ) all kinds of fish, lots and lots of to die for, pineapple, mangoes, bananas, avocadoes, fruit juices and scrambled eggs.
Everything in the villa is nearly new; no shabbiness anywhere and it's spotlessly clean.
The staff at M G are so kind and attentive. 5*+. The house manager and head chef Roshan was brilliant. He had all the necessary local connections and was able to arrange doctors , masseurs, tuk tuks, and mini busses for days out.

Prior to staying at M G, I had been travelling around Sri Lanka and staying at some hotels that cost £700.00p per night and believe me M G offers better food and much more attentive and kinder staff than those.

I was part of a yoga retreat. I'm a single guy aged 66 and hopeless at yoga. But it didn't matter. Our teachers Jax and Miles were brilliant and gently get you into your practice. We had a very grand shala in which to practise. It was the perfect set up for meditation. Oh the sunsets!
If you are on your own, you very quickly make friends. The owner Fiona is a wonderful host. Don't be reluctant to go on one of M G's retreats. Just do it !

If you can get a group of friends together and go to M G you will have a truly memorable time. You'll want to go back time and time again.

Mar 17, 2018
Dear Richard, thank you so much for such a thorough review with so many glowing compliments, I'm delighted that it was the best place you stayed in Sri Lanka. You were such a wonderful guest and I'm really happy that you felt you were so well looked after. Looking forward to when our paths cross again. Love, Fiona
LGside
London, United Kingdom
“Pure Luxury”
Reviewed March 1, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

I'm pretty sure there is no other place in the world like this. A stunning, luxurious, private home, with everything a 5 star luxury resort has and more. I was blown away from the moment I stepped foot inside. Every little detail, from the hammocks tied to palm trees scattered around the property, to the slide (yes totally for adults too!) throwing me into pool on blow up toys, and the yoga shala at the end of the garden, made my stay perfect. And I haven't even started on the fooood yet! Omigosh! Literally some of the best meals I've ever had - and plenty of it. AND just to top it off, the yoga retreat itself (because that was what I was there for after all!) was the most incredible experience. I learned so much and met so many beautiful souls. What an all round magical experience.

Your age range 25-34
Mar 3, 2018
Thanks so much Loren, it was the people, the practice and the place that made our maiden mission so magical. Thank you for all the energy you came with. It’s the start of something beautiful. Your review is spot on, thank you
divaskm
mumbai
“Beyond incredible.”
Reviewed February 25, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

The Om Ceylon retreat exceeded all expectations. The venue is breathtakingly gorgeous, the beach is at your door step, the gardens, pool and yoga shala made for superb vacation . Pure unadulterated luxury at this villa, the food is spectacular with western and local delicacies, the staff courteous and helpful, who go beyond the call of duty to make our stay super comfortable. The rooms and common areas are stunning with views to match. The yoga experience was valuable, taught with caring, knowledge and integrity. Great friendships were forged, the warmth of which will remain with me forever. All in all a magical place, I cannot wait to return for the next retreat.

Your age range 50-64
Mar 4, 2018
Dear Divya, thank you so much for the brilliant review, with all your eminent style these compliments are high praise indeed and it means a lot to me, thank you very much. I'm just about to release the information about the next Om Ceylon retreat in September '18. I really will look forward to seeing you again there in future. x
BinduM
india
“Beautiful Villa in Dikwella, Sri Lanka”
Reviewed February 24, 2018 for a stay in February 2018

Beautifully maintained villa with all modern amenities. The house has a lovely pool and is located right on the beach. I went for a yoga retreat and had a fabulous time. Bedrooms are all unique sleeping different numbers of guests. Galle town is not too far and nice for a day visit to buy souveniers and get a light bite. Sri Lanka people very friendly so no safety issues.

Your age range 50-64
Thank you Bindu. It was such fun hanging out at MG. Om Ceylon love to you x
Hannah S
Indonesia
“Am amazing life changing experience”
Reviewed February 16, 2018 for a stay in January 2018

This is definitely one of the most amazing villas I have been lucky to experience. Meda Gedara in Dikwella is a stunning beach-front villa perfect for a family tribe (it sleeps 18!) or a gaggle of friends. This 7-bedroom slice of paradise is blessed with every conceivable luxury, grand yet intimate with beautiful authentic interiors, a stunning free form two-tiered pool and sunbathing deck. In a wonderful private beach location, with a thrilling adrenalin junkie water slide, boasting a talented chef, and with the added benefit of a life changing Om Ceylon yoga retreat.

From the moment you are picked up from the airport to the minute you leave, you are treated like royalty. Arriving at the villa you walk through majestic antique temple doors into a heavenly hallway and greeted by a spiralling teak staircase. You can’t help but notice the considered touches from the exquisite aged mirror with elephant drawings etched into the glass to the mural map of Sri Lanka detailing the best places to visit. And then you see the view – from the deck, through to the pools, the lush tropical gardens and the beach and sea – it is to die for!

The owner has lovingly created a dreamy haven of comfort, blended with luxury that feels informal and palatial at the same time. The expansive open plan living dining room features tons of places to hang, relax or dine which made us feel part of a happy group but also gave us the space to sit peacefully if needed.

The huge living room has indoor/outdoor seating looking out onto an impressive sun deck featuring a family style table that easily sits 18 people.

Waft up the staircase and on the first floor you find six individually designed bedrooms. Three with vast super king size beds and en suite bathrooms with luxurious European finishings. One original bunkroom with three tiered bunk beds. And a twin bed located off the master bathroom. Plus another lush twin bedded room with en suite. The wonderful linens and colourful cushions enhance the interiors whilst original artwork and photography decks the walls. No two room is the same. And the three bedrooms facing the beach have splendid views of the tiered pool, tropical gardens, a traditional fishing boat, a hammock resting between two palm trees and a thatched tea pavilion. I could go on but you need to see it to believe it. There is also The Lighthouse – a private garden bedroom pavilion offering seclusion for couples.

I hadn’t tasted Sri Lankan food before; its mouth-wateringly delicious. A taste sensation with every bite! Roshan the chef surpassed himself on each meal; from blends of curries, roti, vegetarian dishes, baked fish – all sorts of flavours and spices were used. And to top it all, he gave us a cooking lesson where we learnt his secret family’s cooking traditions and recipes.

No one would choose to leave Meda Gedara, but we went out for the day and explored historic Galle, Buddhist temples and the local beach Hiriketiya with rolling surf waves and hip little rustic beach bars which made us feel like we were back in the 70’s before Jetskis and high rise hotels.

I joined the retreat as a total newbie to Yoga and was obviously nervous about joining a group of what I thought were experienced yogi practitioners. Plus I had never visited Sri Lanka before so was excited but also apprehensive about the country – was it underdeveloped or over developed, did it still practice its cultural traditions or had tourism had an impacted.

Firstly to the yoga; we started each day with a meditative walk along the beach led by the magnificent and inspirational Miles who works with Jax for the retreat. Every morning the group glided down the most idyllic private beach in peaceful silence for about 20 minutes and on reaching a certain point on the beach, we would join together and hug, chant and generally be offered uplifting and enriching words. You felt on top of the world after this emotive start to the day.

The brilliant Jax Lysycia was our Yoga practitioner (‘she can create serious feelings of happiness & contentment’). She is an experienced, hugely motivating and utterly professional yoga teacher; she also infuses an element of fun and imagination into each practice. No practice was the same and whilst we stretched and posed, relaxed and meditated over a 2 hour period it felt like no time at all had passed. Jax started the week with various simple poses and practices, developing each time into more progressive stretches. Each move was very clearly explained with lots of care and attention provided to avoid damage or injury to our bodies. After a week with Jax who I highly recommend, I literally floated out of Villa Meda Gedara.

Sri Lanka is a country with beautiful beaches, genuine people, traditional temples and culture, breathtaking landscapes and tea plantations, and national parks - it did not disappoint on any level.

Finally, the group of 12 that were on the retreat have become genuine besties. We share social media updates daily and yearn to be back at the villa. We are all keen to book again next year.
This retreat is a true treat.

Mar 3, 2018
Hannah, I’m speechless, you are not! That review was fantastic and I think you covered everything!! I am enormously grateful for taking the time to review in such detail, I really appreciateu ithere’s to a lifetime of great reviews,for our team.
Enter dates for more accurate prices
2 guests
Adults2
Children0
Apply
Do you own a vacation rental? List it here.
Extra income
Easy to manage
Trusted by travelers
Set up your free listing