“Happy Business Stay”

Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Durgapur
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
“Happy Business Stay”
Reviewed September 5, 2013

Stayed in Sarovar for 3 days and as usual the stay was very comfortable and homely. Food stuff in the restaurant is of high quality.

Gym needs some upgradation and room requires LCD with all Channels.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank somr59
PSPD, General Manager at Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur, responded to this review, September 12, 2013
Dear Sir / Madam,
Greetings !!!

On behalf of Sarovar Hotels & Resorts, we thank you for choosing to stay at Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur.

It was a pleasure having you with us and we hope that the services extended were to your satisfaction.

Our renovation work is going on & soon we will be coming up with moderate rooms & upgraded facilities.

With kind regards,
(General Manager)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (65)
  • Indonesian first
Wädenswil
Reviewed September 2, 2013

It is the only hotel that can be booked via hotels.com. It is run down, even for Indian traveler's perception. However they promised to renovate. But this is easily made up with charming Bengal street people. If you have to survive for a few days, you certainly can. Since I am used to sleep anywhere my input is of little relevance.

Room Tip: Anything else in the area is even worse...
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank 060660
PSPD, General Manager at Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur, responded to this review, September 5, 2013
Thank you for choosing Peerless Sarovar Portico Durgapur during your stay at Durgapur. It was our pleasure to serve you.

We have gone through your feedback and noted your suggestion. We apologies for the inconvenience caused & assure you that your next visit will be comfortable.

Moreover, our renovation work is going on & soon we will come up with more Rooms with upgraded facilities.

We once again apologies for the dissatisfaction faced by you during your stay and assure you that your next visit will be comfortable.

With Regards,

Peerless Sarovar Portico,Durgapur.

Travelers are raving about these Durgapur hotels

Mumbai, Maharashtra, India
Reviewed July 26, 2013

Only used the restaurant at the ground floor for lunch.. and was not very happy with the buffet spread. lack of veg variety and delay in refilling the counters even when there was little crowd was a major lacunae. Ambience is good, though seating could do with a uplift or refurbishment.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled on business
PSPD, General Manager at Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur, responded to this review, July 28, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur
I am disheartened to note your unsatisfactory experience at Buffet & variety of veg menu. Please be assured that the same has been shared with the concerned team and the department head for corrective measures and improvement.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We do hope you give us the opportunity to host you once again. We are very keen to make amends and leave you with a more positive impression.
With Regards
Shantanu Ranjan pal
Vadodara, India
Reviewed June 13, 2013

Not the first choice hotel, however, there are not too many options in Durgapur.
The room is ok, bed hard with basic furniture and facilities. The flooring in the batrooms is really bad - the joints in the marble tiles are dirty and not cleaned for many years perhaps!
The staff is very courteous and good.
The breakfast served is OK with many options to chose from. The taste is good, however, I particularly did not like the fruit juice served with the breakfast

Location is good, situated in the mid of this industrial town.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
PSPD, General Manager at Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur, responded to this review, June 19, 2013
Thank you for your feedback of your recent stay with us at Peerless Sarovar Portico , Durgapur
I am disheartened to note your unsatisfactory experience at room cleaning & others. Please be assured that the same has been shared with the concerned team and the department head for corrective measures and improvement.

I once again apologize for the inconvenience caused to you.

We do hope you give us the opportunity to host you once again . We are very keen to make amends and leave you with a more positive impression.

With Regards
Shantanu Ranjan pal
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
Reviewed June 12, 2013

I have stayed in this hotel a number of times over the years and recently attended a conference in which about 120 persons were present. Presently this is the best option at Durgapur. Rooms added during the last few years are well appointed, but the rooms in the older wing would do with renovation and refurbishing. Arrangements for larger meetings/conferences may add to the value of the hotel.

Room Tip: Preference should be given to newly constructed rooms.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank BPB2012
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur !!!

I would like to extend my gratitude for the wonderful and detailed review post your recent stay with us. We are glad to read that overall your stay with us was a pleasant and enjoyable one. I have shared your generous compliments with all our team members and I'm sure this would inspire them to aim for higher standards of excellence.

We would like to once again thank you for your wonderful review and look forward to welcoming you back to The Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur.

kolkata
Reviewed June 10, 2013

The hotel stands in the heart of the industrial city.A great place to stay for business and leisure.The rooms are spacious,neat & clean ..hotel serve buffet breakfast/lunch/dinner with lots of variety. I used the Fitness Center which is opened any time for the guest,which is really appreciable.The staff was very competent and compliant and made my experience fabulous. Keep up the Good Job!!!

Room Tip: front side rooms for good view
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur!!!

Kolkata
Reviewed May 26, 2013

I have been to this hotel in Durgapur for business purposes. The rooms have to be booked days in advance as there is a chance that one might not get a room otherwise. I stayed at a standard room as the deluxe rooms were all occupied. The interiors of the room are old fashioned and the TV definitely needs to be replaced by a flat screen. The bathroom was small and the upholstery was average. The view from my room was again a let down.The food was excellent and the breakfast spread was sumptuous. The dinner was equally enjoyable. The staffs are polite and courteous. The hotel has ample parking spaces and the location is also close to city center.

• Stayed March 2013, traveled on business
PSPD, General Manager at Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur, responded to this review, July 16, 2013
Dear Guest,

Greetings from Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur !!!

Shantanu Ranjan Pal
Also consider these accommodations in or near Durgapur
Park Prime Durgapur
City International
#7 of 18 in Durgapur
Hotel The Signature Asansol
The Fern Residency, Galaxy Mall

Been to Peerless Sarovar Portico, Durgapur? Share your experiences!