“Don't be deceived- this place is not what it seems” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Karina Hotels

Karina Hotels
We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Noida
Karina Hotels
Ranked #39 of 47 Hotels in Noida
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Don't be deceived- this place is not what it seems”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 7, 2011

I don't typically write reviews, but this one is worthy of warning others. I stayed at the location in Jasola- and it was nothing but problems since the moment I got off the plane. Although they had confirmed the day before I left, no one was there to pick me up from the airport- and since I'm traveling alone and have never been to India- I would have appreciated someone to be there waiting for me. When I got to the hotel, I saw that the website really did wonders for the room- it was dumpy- with a few nice pillows to spruce it up. There was a dead cockroach in the bathroom (and one that I killed the next day), several stains on the sheets, and stains on the walls. It took them two days to finally clean my room- and I had to ask twice just to get them to do it- which was at 5pm. There was no hot water in my shower, that was- until I got to my second room. The power went out in my portion of the building, of which I had to tell the front desk just to have them turn it back on. Instead, they moved me- and then I had warm water. The second room, however, did not have internet- they fixed it two days later. Breakfast was not continental; it was a choice of toast, cornflakes, or chipatti, and was delivered to the room at the time of their choice. I wanted to cook, so I took a room with the mini kitchenette- that was a joke. There were virtually no lights in the kitchen area- so it was hard to see. The 'stove' were two gas burners- and the whole contraption was moveable. I asked for utensils- and it took them three days to finally get them to me.

One of the stranger aspects of the hotel, was the lighting in the hallways. It was a strobe light; red, blue, and green. I can only imagine if I had epilepsy or seizures- this would have been a nightmare.

Lastly, it was far from the center, and not much in terms of food or shopping in the area.

All that said, the staff was very friendly, and did work to fix my issues. I could sense that they were trying to please me since they knew I was dissatisfied with my service there- and they wanted my business. There was also a nice sports plex next to it- which is nice if you like to jog.

Take it for what it's worth, but I have stayed in far nicer hostels and guest houses than this hotel. I travel extensively, and for this price- in this country- I would have expected a lot more...and I found a lot more for the same price...at a different hotel.

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel.