“excellent hotel in the area”

Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel
Ranked #1 of 167 Hotels in Jiangyin
Reviewed May 28, 2013

it is up to the int'l Sheraton standards with staff really friendly. Certainly it is the best choice in that area. Good price. Rooms very quite and comfortable. Do not expect too much form the executive lounge - the staff there is really good.
Located in a quite area with a big beautiful garden with small lakes and romantic scenario very well maintained where you can walk for a long while to relax (should the weather let him to do so - in summer it is really hot).
At walking distance there are bars and restaurants and a golf club.

Room Tip: rooms on executive floor are best
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business
Christina L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 30, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thanks for choosing to stay at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel and taking your time to share your nice experience with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed and you felt, in our modest way, your “home away from home” at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel. It will be a pleasure for me to pass your kind complimentary comments to all the associates at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel, especially the staff in Sheraton Club Lounge. And we will go the extra step, deliver great guest experience.
Thank you again and we are looking forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed May 19, 2013 via mobile

Excellent hotel. Very friendly, helpful and professional staff. Well appointed and spacious room. Hotel is a walk from bars and restaurants and a taxi ride from downtown. Hotel is also next to large park area where you can get view of river.

• Stayed: May 2013
Christina L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks for choosing to stay at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel and taking your time to share your nice experience with us. We are very glad to know that you enjoyed your stay here. And we are delighted that you were satisfied with our room,location and our staff. Your encouraging words made all of the associates so excited. As our version said “Go the extra step, deliver great guest experience ”. We will try our best to deliver a greater Sheraton experience to all guest. We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed April 22, 2013

Sheraton Jiangyin

This was my first time back to Jiangyin in a few years and was I so pleased to find the Sheraton. What a vast improvement over where I always stayed before. Easily the best hotel in the region. That said it still has all the drawbacks of any china hotel, just not so bad.
The most impressive feature is the pool. Indoor, heated, comfortable and clean! Twenty five meters long and at least 15M wide, 1.2M and 1.5M at the ends. The water temperature was 28.5C so very comfy especially since it was about 5C outside. Pool opens at 6am and there were never more than three people during the early mornings. Changing room was modern and spotlessly clean.
As for the downside; it's not so much what's wrong but more a matter of what could be better. Breakfast was impressive except for one morning when half the stuff wasn't ready. Water pressure and temperature were good except two mornings when it was a challenge not to get scalded in the shower. Wasn't just my room, changing room had the same problem those two days. The room was very hot and there was no control over the temperature, all you could do was open the window. The hotel fixtures and finishes were top grade but the workmanship was typical china shabby. The staff made a great effort to be helpful and polite but didn't have the best success. I tried the wine promotion at the lobby bar the first night and got the distinct impression the staff would have been much happier being left alone.
I can hardly believe this but the bed just might have been too soft! It certainly wasn't what I was expecting; brand new king size, pillow top, King Koil mattress. You're not gonna find that very often in the provinces.
I used to be happy with Hope Sun and Life Island but the Sheraton beats them in every respect except location. Nothing nearby but 10 RMB cab ride gets you to all the food and shopping you want.
Room 5072, 08-12APR2013.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank BillyNg
Christina L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 24, 2013

Dear guest,
Naturally, I am glad to learn that you were satisfied with our indoor swimming pool and changing room. But I am so disappointed to learn that your experience fell short of your expectation, and I sincerely aplogize for any inconvenience caused by the things you described in your comments. At the same time, I am grateful for your comments, as it is through feedback such as yours that we are able to maintain and improve the standards of facilities and service offered to all our Guests.
Indeed, your comments regarding to our breakfast service, water pressure and temperature, room temperature and Lobby Lounge service have highlighted an urgent need for us to further improvement of our service quality. Our Food & Beverage Manager, Chief Engineer and Executive Housekeeper are currently looking into the issue and they have been asked to go back to their departments conducting proper trainings to avoid such an issue not re-occurred. Please rest assured that we take your displeasure extremely seriously and we truly value your suggestions and will do our utmost to ensure we continually find ways to make ourselves better.
Please feel free to contact me directly at christina.ling@sheraton.com so that I can personally take care of your accommodation next time before you come back. I am confident of our ability to provide you with a truly enjoyable and memorable stay.
Once again, our apology and thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience with us.

Reviewed April 14, 2013

Jiangyin is not a big city in China, but I have several clients based here. The last time I spent a night at this city was in 2005 or 2006, at an older, state-run hotel. The experience was not good at all, and I concluded then that I should as much as possible avoid staying overnight at Jiangyin given the dearth of good, international-brand hotels.

So you can imagine my surprise when I was recommended to this Sheraton. Being an SPG Gold member, I decided to give it a go, although I must admit I was a bit apprehensive and even doubted if it was a copy-cat Sheraton actually run by a less-competent, local Chinese company. I was proven wrong, fortunately as the facilities in the hotel and the service, design and amenities of the room were as good as any of the Sheratons which I'd patronised in my years of business travel.

Without giving a blow-by-blow lowdown of this outfit, let me simply highlight some of my favourite aspects of my two-day stay in this hotel. First, service was adequate as expected of any Sheraton, and the hotel was clean and safe (with no prostitutes soliciting for paid sex in the lobby, as in many business hotels in China). Second, the room I stayed in (in the Club level) was spacious, clean and full of all the amenities you'd expect of any five-star outfit. Third, the location was perfect for me visiting two of my clients, as I can walk to their offices within 15-20 minutes, especially pleasant in the current balmy weather. Lastly, they give cute little Sheraton teddy bears to customers at the Club level as sourvenirs, which I appreciate all the more as I was allowed to exchange for the two colours which I like.

The Japanese restaurant on the ground floor serves a buffet in the night, where you can order all-you-can-eat and cost less than RMB 300 per pax. This was attractive enough for me and my associate in Jiangyin to try it. Although not totally authentic, the food served was good and tasty and I'd recommend it.

There is a golf course integrated with the hotel, and this perhaps explains the resort feel of this hotel. It's not right smacked in the middle of town, but for a business traveller, the location near some key offices and the local municipal government offices does have their attractiveness. In a phrase, this is as close to a Sheraton or SPG property as you can get in this otherwise drab, industrial port city along one of the most polluted rivers in the world. For its management, efforts to please, design and facilities, I think you cannot get very far wrong by staying here when you're in Jiangyin.

Room Tip: Choose a higher-floor and away from the raised highways, they tend to be quieter.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled on business
Christina L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 21, 2013

Dear guest,
As our distinguished SPG Gold member, we are very glad to thank you for choosing to stay at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel and taking your time to share your comments with us. We are happy to know that you enjoyed your stay here, as you stayed and you felt. And we are delighted to know that you were satisfied with our facilities, service, location and Miyabi, our Japanese restaurant. Your encouraging words made all our associates at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel excited. As our version said "Go the extra step, deliver great guest experience". Life is better when shared. We are looking forward to welcoming you back and deliver your a great Sheraton experience in the future.

Reviewed March 16, 2013

Very good hotel: good food, nice room, all comfort, big swimming pool, ... Everything very good, except waitress in the bar was very pushy, insisting to take champagne, and chatting all the time when not wanted. Good experience overall.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Christina L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded March 17, 2013

Dear valued guest,
Thanks for choosing to stay at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel and taking your time to express your experience stay at here. We are very glad to know that you like our hotel, expecially the room, food and swimming pool. At the same time, we are sincerely sorry for the bad experience at the bar. Your comments have highlighted an urgent need for further training of the bar team. We will enhance the staff training in the following time to improve our service and meet the expectation of the guest.
We are looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed February 1, 2013

Spacious rooms ( Club Floor) and comfortable. Very good service in restaurants and lobby cafe.
It was near to the city and all employes were very friendly and ready to serve.
You would expect WiFi to be free in a hotel like this..and not to request charges / day.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business
Christina L, Public Relations Manager at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded February 3, 2013

Dear guest,
Thanks for choosing to stay at Sheraton Jiangyin Hotel and sharing your experience with us. I am delighted to know that you like our rooms, restaurants, lobby lounge and staffs. Your encouraging words made all of the associates at Sheraton Jiangyin excited.
WIFI in the public area of the hotel is free. The Link@Sheraton experienced with Microsoft® is a unique and welcoming lounge offering you a place to work, relax and remain connected to family and friends while you travel.
As our vision said " go the extra step, deliver great guest experience". We are looking forward to welcoming you back and deliver you a great Sheraton experience in the future.

Reviewed January 31, 2013

It is a relatively new hotels in Jiangyin and one of the nicer ones. I have been there at least 6 times during last two years. The rooms are spacious and comfortable, however, this hotel always has some issues. I would like to point out here, so the hotel may be pay more attention and solve some of the issues. This time, they were repairing the wall paper on the hall way during my check in. The hall way was blocked and I could not go to my room, to make thing worse, the fume/smell from the wall paper/clue is so strong, I dont think it is healthy to stay there. The staff just said, "the smell is just in the hallway, your room is fine, the smell will go away in a few days". Is there any way to fix the wall paper without such strong ordor? . The room is equiped with quality furniture, However, the shower head and the cord is alway bend in the juncture, the shower head holder does not fit the shower head, so when you put it back to the holder, the shower head alway rotates, and the water goes everywhere, not on your body, it is anoying. The paint order in the room is still remaining in some rooms. I aways ask to have one with least paint smell.

Room Tip: It has wifi in each room now. It is nice!
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Dear guest,
Thanks for choosing to stay at sheraton Jiangyin Hotel and taking your time to give your comments to us.
Naturally, I am so disappointed to learn about your experience fell short of your expectation, and I sincerely apologize for the inconvenience. Indeed, your comments have highlighted an urgent need for further training of our team, particularly in regards to the maintenance in public area and the facilities in guest rooms. We will take these feedback very seriously to improve our service.
Please feel free to contact me directly at christina.ling@sheraton.com if I can be of any assistance at any time.
Looking forward to welcoming you back.