Other than the lodge's design which from the front looks a bit like a Motel 6, we enjoyed everything about it. Our room was on the second floor with a nice view out over the pool and the Nile. The room was spacious, clean, and had a wonderful bathroom with lots of water pressure. I only wished there were screens so we could have had the patio door open for some cool air -- at night it was a bit stuffy even with the fan running. Of course, there is a/c available for a fee so there's always that option if it was stinking hot.
The food was good - I'm not a huge fan of buffets but there were a lot of options and everything I had was tasty.
The lobby offers free internet with several computers for guests to use, good lounge areas and bar, and a curio shop.
Being on the north side and not needing to take the ferry in the early morning for game drives was a plus.
We had an excellent stay and only wished it had been longer.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1954, Paraa Safari Lodge is located in northwest Uganda in Murchison Falls National Park overlooking one of nature's best kept secrets, the River Nile. Paraa Safari Lodge offers a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. Each of the rooms is a haven of style and serenity, complete with balcony and private bathroom. The safari decor of the lodges still reflects the bygone era of early explorers, enshrined with a modern touch. The luxurious pool overlooks the winding River Nile below, which was the setting for the classic Hollywood move, The African Queen". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Jovago.com and Priceline so you can book your Paraa Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraa Safari Hotel Murchison Falls National Park
- Paraa Safari Lodge Uganda/Murchison Falls National Park