My daughter and I were lucky enough to stay two days in the famous Paraa Safari Lodge during a visit to Uganda to re-trace some of the route taken by Sir Samuel Baker 149 years ago. The lodge is situated above the broad reaches of the Victoria Nile as it flows sluggishly down to Lake Albert. For miles around the lodge lie the Murchison Falls National Park, the biggest in Uganda. There one can see graceful giraffes in profusion, herds of elephants, the beautiful Ugandan Kob, the little Oribi, Warthogs, Waterbuck, massive Cape Buffalo, Hartebeest, Baboons, leaping Colobus Monkeys and so much else. Along the river lie lazy, dangerous crocodiles, while hippos splash and gurgle in the water. Lions and leopard's can also be seen in their natural habitat. This area will reward any travellor interested in such wildlife.
TYou must also travel up the river by boat to the Murchison Falls, where the Victoria Nile tumbles through a narrow fissure issuing clouds of spray. Climb beside the falls and experience the power of this huge river from many viewpoints.
The Paraa Lodge is comfort itself. The rooms are beautifully furnished in traditional style with balconies overlooking the great stretch of the Victoria Nile. The staff are immaculate in their attention to one's every needs, and the great buffet offers a range of delicious food. A splendid curved pool lies by the pool bar with its thatched roof and the occasional curious baboon ! At night elephants and baboons come right up to the hotel palisade making dinner not only a epicuean event but one of excitement too. This is a perfect place for a safari holiday.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1954, Paraa Safari Lodge is located in northwest Uganda in Murchison Falls National Park overlooking one of nature's best kept secrets, the River Nile. Paraa Safari Lodge offers a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. Each of the rooms is a haven of style and serenity, complete with balcony and private bathroom. The safari decor of the lodges still reflects the bygone era of early explorers, enshrined with a modern touch. The luxurious pool overlooks the winding River Nile below, which was the setting for the classic Hollywood move, The African Queen". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Orbitz, Jovago.com, Travelocity, Priceline and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Paraa Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraa Safari Hotel Murchison Falls National Park
- Paraa Safari Lodge Uganda/Murchison Falls National Park