Tough place to fairly rate. It had internet, but it was available at limited times (power) and it was slow. Had electricity, but at limited times - granted both better than many places, but I had expected more from an upscale lodge - an expectation gap. The buffett was outstanding. The worthogs on the grounds added interest. Hot water all day. Sliding doors had no screens, so we could not open them - it was hotter in the room than outside - the fan just did not do it. We were hesitate to open the sliding doors because we assumed this was malaria country and the area was crawling with baboons. Overall a good experience, but it would not take a lot on the part of the Lodge to make it a fantastic one. The game viewing in Murchanson NP is OK - not as good as the Marra or Seregeti. Murchanson Falls is a must do. I would skip the boat ride to within over a mile of the base and visit the top of the falls. Way more spectacular. See my Murchanson Falls review
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Established in 1954, Paraa Safari Lodge is located in northwest Uganda in Murchison Falls National Park overlooking one of nature's best kept secrets, the River Nile. Paraa Safari Lodge offers a unique blend of comfort, relaxation and adventure. Each of the rooms is a haven of style and serenity, complete with balcony and private bathroom. The safari decor of the lodges still reflects the bygone era of early explorers, enshrined with a modern touch. The luxurious pool overlooks the winding River Nile below, which was the setting for the classic Hollywood move, The African Queen". ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Cheap Tickets, Jovago.com and Priceline so you can book your Paraa Safari Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Paraa Safari Hotel Murchison Falls National Park
- Paraa Safari Lodge Uganda/Murchison Falls National Park