We book two bandas for one night during a four day trip in the Murchinson park. When we arrived we were advised that the bandas would not be availble and that upgrade to family cottage was offered to us for the bandas price. This was a very nice gesture from the management and we thank them for that.
Unfortunately the place is not what we expected. The fact that electricty is not available before 7 at night is quite disturbing: no hot water (night and morning, this was reported to the front desk), the bar is really loom...
The food would need a real make-over, it was very fatty and did not have any distinctive taste.
The team of waiters is nice and trying to be helpful but they seem to be at lost with no real of sense of drive.
The place is full of potential and the environment it is in is really beautiful, however it seems to have been stuck in the 90s without make-over.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sambiya River Lodge is a family run eco lodge in the Heart of Murchison Falls National Park, a twenty minute drive from the top of the famous Falls. Situated on a bluff over looking the Sambiya River valley, the property is home to numerous birds, bushbucks, waterbucks, Cape buffalo, leopard, as well as visiting lions & elephants. We have a resident UWA ranger guide to take guests on walking safaris, as well as game safaris on the new circuits recently put in on the southern side of the River Nile. Pleaser see our website for further information. We look forward to welcoming you to Sambiya River Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sambiya River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sambiya River Hotel Murchison Falls National Park
- Sambiya River Lodge Uganda/Murchison Falls National Park