This was to be a special birthday celebration but what a huge disappointment! Normally go to Red Chilli but they were full. This was more expensive. The room was very basic and smelt damp and musty. Vermin in the roof kept us awake. The packed breakfast was incomplete. The evening meal took 1.5 hours to arrive and then one main course was completely missing, so I was served a few thin slices of overcooked courgettes with tomato and onions under a mound of cold mashed potato, garnished with a few shredded vegetables and charged 35,000 Ush. Miserable,unfriendly and incompetant staff who didn't speak good English and absolutely no atmosphere. Camp fire was promised but never happened. Very expensive bar. Generator switched off at 10 and we plunged into pitch black whilst still in the bar. Then we were both stung by tetsy flies at the camp causing extreme swelling and pain for some time after.
The owners should visit here and develop some customer service and satisfactiob instead of just milking the business.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sambiya River Lodge is a family run eco lodge in the Heart of Murchison Falls National Park, a twenty minute drive from the top of the famous Falls. Situated on a bluff over looking the Sambiya River valley, the property is home to numerous birds, bushbucks, waterbucks, Cape buffalo, leopard, as well as visiting lions & elephants. We have a resident UWA ranger guide to take guests on walking safaris, as well as game safaris on the new circuits recently put in on the southern side of the River Nile. Pleaser see our website for further information. We look forward to welcoming you to Sambiya River Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sambiya River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sambiya River Hotel Murchison Falls National Park
- Sambiya River Lodge Uganda/Murchison Falls National Park