I stayed here in August 2012 (I'm the super tall Mzungu ;) )My first trip to Africa. This place is stunning! I was in Uganda for two weeks. I visited everything from the Super Slums of Kampala and Masaka, playing Soccer/Football with the kids to this amazing Safari at Murchisan. Staff was waiting for us upon arrival. Very very friendly and welcoming. Through my stay here I was constantly commenting on the art/decorating. The outdoors is breathtaking. I chatted with the owner for a bit. I forget your name, forgive me. The food was great! The shots of Cognac were Very small compared to California... Staff and owner waved us farewell as we left! I would highly recommend this place to anybody in the area! I hope to make the trip back sooner than later.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sambiya River Lodge is a family run eco lodge in the Heart of Murchison Falls National Park, a twenty minute drive from the top of the famous Falls. Situated on a bluff over looking the Sambiya River valley, the property is home to numerous birds, bushbucks, waterbucks, Cape buffalo, leopard, as well as visiting lions & elephants. We have a resident UWA ranger guide to take guests on walking safaris, as well as game safaris on the new circuits recently put in on the southern side of the River Nile. Pleaser see our website for further information. We look forward to welcoming you to Sambiya River Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sambiya River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sambiya River Hotel Murchison Falls National Park
- Sambiya River Lodge Uganda/Murchison Falls National Park