We stayed as a group of 15 people for one night, and all fell in love with this place. Nestling amidst the trees with wonderful views over the river valley, Sambiya River Lodge is a very atmospheric place. The cottages are comfortable and spacious. Lovely to have hot water. And the food was good. For what you get and the whole ambience of the place, it is not too pricey, and the staff were all friendly and helpful. Location is not so convenient for the north-western end of the National Park, but worth the effort of getting to if you can't afford Para Safari Lodge (this is the more atmospheric of the two, if not quite of the luxurious standard of Paraa!) And it's wonderful that this is only 20 minutes drive from the head of the Murchison Falls, a sight not to be missed and surely one of the wonders of Africa when seen close up!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Sambiya River Lodge is a family run eco lodge in the Heart of Murchison Falls National Park, a twenty minute drive from the top of the famous Falls. Situated on a bluff over looking the Sambiya River valley, the property is home to numerous birds, bushbucks, waterbucks, Cape buffalo, leopard, as well as visiting lions & elephants. We have a resident UWA ranger guide to take guests on walking safaris, as well as game safaris on the new circuits recently put in on the southern side of the River Nile. Pleaser see our website for further information. We look forward to welcoming you to Sambiya River Lodge! ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com so you can book your Sambiya River Lodge reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Sambiya River Hotel Murchison Falls National Park
- Sambiya River Lodge Uganda/Murchison Falls National Park