All reviewssalt watertable tennistenthutsshowercoconuttangabackpackersaccommodationferrybeachtanzaniavolleyballmotorbikeseakayaking
Reviewed October 31, 2012

This place was great. I spent 5 nights there and I wish I could have stayed longer. Pangani is simply beautiful. For 20$ a night, you get a comfortable tent with a bed, electricity, a safe box, and the best breakfast I had in Tanzania. You don't have your own toilets and shower though, but the public one is clean so whatever. Food was also great and very affordable. It's a little far away from civilization though, but if you just want to chill on the beach for a few days, it's perfect. The staff and owners are also really friendly.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Benoit45
Reviewed October 24, 2012

We stayed here for 3 nights in September in one of the permanent tents and had a great time! It was v good value for money! The food was just amazing (especially the breakfast) and the facilities were good as well. We took a snorkelling trip to Maziwe and stopped off on a lovely sandbank in the middle of the ocean. Our guide Shaban was brilliant and we spent a lot of time with him! We'll miss him!! We really hope we'll be back!
We'd recommend this place to both couples as well as bigger groups travelling together.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 6, 2012

The place is in a nice location just south of Pangani, the lodge is clean, the food is more than enough and tasty. Fair price for drinks and food.
The atmosphere of the place is great, staff is very helpful, many activities and information of where to go / what to do.
The rooms are simple and comfortable, in the bandas there is hot sweet water for showering.
I would recommend going to the Beach Crab for a beach vacation in Pangani with nice company.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family
Reviewed September 24, 2012

We stayed at this place before going to Zanzibar (about 5 nights all up) The food was Ok but way to late as I think this is designed more for you to drink at the bar. The place is very run down no hot water (in fact the water in the showers and everywhere else is salt) The staff are nice however they rely on German volunteers (free labour) but there seems to be little or no maintenance done & it is very overpriced as well, none of the beach activities were available when we were there. They are alot of nice places along this coast to stay at but unfortunately Beach Crab is not one !!!!

Room Tip: There are none !
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
8  Thank Numzani
Reviewed June 23, 2012

I stayed at the Beach Crab resort on my first visit to Pangani during December 2011 while traveling with a friend. I found Beach Crab to be a good value for the money. We stayed in the safari style tents, which were nice enough for what we paid. The food was also a great value, I always felt full after the breakfasts and dinners that were included. The food was excellent and on Christmas Eve they provided a great seafood BBQ on the beach. They also had many activities to do while staying there. The only thing I didn't care for was the state the shared bathrooms were in, but I guess that's to be expected when guests are sharing a bathroom. I hope to return, but I think next time I would stay in one of the bungalows.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with friends