Nice hotel and great location near Grand Baie. Also, a walking distance from few shops and restaurants (although you might not need to eat out when you are in all inclusive hotel). Our room was a sea view on the ground floor which was very convenient for us with our 1 year old boy. We were happy to find out that you can borrow strollers from the hotel during your stay so next time we go there we will not have to fly with our bulky pram.
However few things I did not like at this hotel especially if I compare it to club med El Gouna which is a slower grade than La Pointe aux Canonniers.
1. Breakfast buffet was exactly the same every day and we got bored by eating the same thing for the entire week.
2. Lunch/ dinner were great for people who love meat or non-vegetarians. They served fish but it was always the same type so if you don't like it bad luck for you. They also lacked a variety of salads and veggies. In general the food in El Gouna was much much better.
3. My husband got disappointment multiple times when he wanted to sail. It was either there is a race, or there were no boats available although there were few on shore but they told us they need maintenance. He would have loved to sail as much as he did in El Gouna.
4. Lastly, for parents with kids I'm sure they would love to have a lock on the room doors that is a bit higher than where it's placed now. Our 1 year old was able to unlock and open the door and walk out very quick. It did not leave us to stay in our room with a peace of mind. He was constantly opening the door and going out.
Generally, we liked the hotel and we still consider it as very good and great value of money. We like the club med and would definitely go back when our son is a bit older and can enjoy the mini club much more.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Southern hemisphere, in the heart of the Indian Ocean, Mauritius brings together all kinds of beauty. You can marvel at a palette of colors, from the evergreen mountain to the perfectly blue sea, from colorful gardens to the beach of coral sand. In this unspoilt natural setting with abundant greenery, the colonial-style bungalows of La Pointe aux Canonniers, gently rise above lush green lawns awash with hibiscus. In this atmosphere of variety, you will discover this renovated Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Pointe Aux Canonniers Hotel Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Club Med Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Pointe Aux Cannoniers Club Med
- Club Med La Pointe Aux Canonniers Mauritius