We stayed as a group of seven (males and females, all 30-something adults) from the UK at Club Med in mid December for 10 nights.
From the point we arrived at the hotel to the depressing time we had to leave, we could not fault any aspect of the resort and the service provided.
There is an excellent balance of activities for guests to get involved in should they wish to without you ever feeling obliged or under any pressure to do so. I have stayed at other resorts where the staff can be a little pushy in trying to get guests to join in the activities which can be annoying but we did not experience this at all at Club Med. The resort is a bit more lively in the evenings than some of the quieter resorts we saw around the island but this was ideal for us.
The staff and service were also top notch and despite speaking minimal French between us, we did not find this a problem at all. All staff we encountered spoke excellent English and were always more than happy to help. This includes the bar staff and waiter staff, the cleaners, the receptionists right up to Karim, the Chef de Village.
The accommodation was great and although we only booked the Club Rooms, we still had breathtaking views of the beach and sunset from our terrace. The safe, iron and ironing board in the rooms were also useful rather than the usual rigmarole at some resorts of having sort these out with reception should they be required. The rooms were cleaned daily with towels changed as required.
Finally, a quick note on the food which was top drawer. A huge selection at each meal and even though one of our party was a vegan and another a vegetarian, no one ever left the dining room feeling anything but completely stuffed and satisfied.
All in all, an excellent resort that I would highly recommend to anyone travelling to Mauritius in the future.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Southern hemisphere, in the heart of the Indian Ocean, Mauritius brings together all kinds of beauty. You can marvel at a palette of colors, from the evergreen mountain to the perfectly blue sea, from colorful gardens to the beach of coral sand. In this unspoilt natural setting with abundant greenery, the colonial-style bungalows of La Pointe aux Canonniers, gently rise above lush green lawns awash with hibiscus. In this atmosphere of variety, you will discover this renovated Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Pointe Aux Canonniers Hotel Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Club Med Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Pointe Aux Cannoniers Club Med
- Club Med La Pointe Aux Canonniers Mauritius