“My first Club Med will not be my last”

Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers
Reviewed November 5, 2012

My wife is a club med vet, this was my first time. She tried to tell me about the exceptional service, the attention from the G.O's and the food, but her wonderful descriptions fell short of my excellent experience.
This Club Med is on the north point of the island which has the best weather. It sits on a long stretch of white sand beach. It has marvelous views of the very attractive mountain range of Mauritius.
A wide range of food, salads and deserts were all exceptional.
The room had an ocean view, a hundred meters from the beach.
My wife had an unfortunate fall and needed an overnight in the Port Louis hospital. We had made the correct decision to buy Club Med's travel insurance package and we paid nothing for ex-rays and a cat scan. The hospital was right on the beach and they treated us like royalty. When we got back to the club, the follow-up was warm and genuinely heart-fealt.
One more thing, the bar makes a darn good Bloody Mary, I had about ten a day.
GO!

• Stayed: November 2012

Reviewed October 28, 2012

Lovely resort. Almost and hours drive from the airport but well worth it. Well situated and right on the breathtaking beach. Definitely a child friendly hotel. Have every sport/water sports available that you can think of. Staff are very helpful and very friendly. Very popular amongst the French speaking people.

Room Tip: If you're travelling without children, make sure you're on the far side of the hotel and awa...
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed October 19, 2012

On reading the reviews from this site I was still a bit uncertain wether the resort would cater for my family's needs especially my 8 month old baby. I was not disappointed, from the first day we arrived to the moment we left there was not one request that the staff were not willing to help with. I was constantly amazed at the level of service and this made me very happy! If you are reading this and not sure about baby food etc. you can rest assured that there were jars of food available as well as fresh food served at lunch and dinner tme which could be liquidised. Yoghurt and fresh fruit are also available. There are also plenty of push chairs / prams available however i found that taking my own helped alot at the airports. Airport officials noticed us as well and pulled us out of queues to serve us first. We were a bit apprehensive to make use of the baby and petite club but after a few days we decided to give it a try so my hubby and I could have a bit of a holiday too. We were very happy with the care our children received and my 3 year old asked to go back the next day. It is a bit pricey but well worth it! What an amazing place, wished we had spent an extra week there so we could do a bit more site seeing and get to enjoy some of the amazing activities on offer at the resort.

• Stayed: October 2012
Reviewed October 11, 2012

Our family of six, recently spent 10 days at Le Cannonier Hotel in Mauritius. The welcome was great, the rooms comfortable & clean, staff most polite. The disappointment came in the dining room. A great variety was provided, but all hot food was consistently cold, as were the plates - I ate salads for 10 days. There was no provision made for children aged 2-4 for their evening meal to be made available earlier than 6.30pm, by which time they children were too exhausted to eat.

Room Tip: Rooms facing the garden are pleasant, the higher floors would be far more comfortable as you could l...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
4  Thank Lorna C
Reviewed October 4, 2012

Just returned from a 10 day holiday at the resort. Was at the same resort in 2009. Can defnitely see that it has deteriorated over the last 3 years. There is no longer a mini golf course, nor is there archery anymore. The attitude of the majority of the staff is friendly but there are a couple of rude and arrogant individuals that need sorting out. THey have about 12 Hobiecats but was told they only have sails for 6. They used to have a number of small sailing boats for kids but looks like only two are functioning. the windsurfers are no longer in operation as they are all broken. The slalom water ski course is missing a number of bouys. The kids did enjoy the kids club and the GQ's involved are very active and interested. The food was good although a bit monotonous. Did seem that the staff were friendlier towards french speaking guests.

Room Tip: Get a room away from the pool area
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled with family
5  Thank Craig312578
Reviewed October 3, 2012

Club Med Pointe Aux Cannonier is fabulous! What can we say about this ideal resort? The beach is fantastic, as are the staff, food and accomodation! The position on the island is very convenient for Port Louis and Grand Bay, but why leave the hotel, you have everything at your finger tips right there! We stayed at the Club for our honeymoon, and they really did us proud, giving us a surperb room full of unexpected goodies, thank you very much! It really is difficult to point out any flaws in the Club Med format, everything seems to run absolutly seamlessly, with very little disturbance to the guests. The Fully Inclusive is just that, Fully Inclusive, with no rules or regulations that other hotels like to tell you about when you arrive, so it is the best F/I we have ever stayed in! As we have said, we have already booked to go back as soon as our leave permits. Our honeymoon was really special, and it just would not have been the same anywhere else! A big thanks to the Genreal Manager, Karim Dos Santos, you have worked wonders with the club, and the staff, and a special mention to Nasser in the resaurant, and Frederick in the beach bar, you guys went out of your way to make us feel totally relaxed!! See you all soon!!

Room Tip: Try for a room away from the nightly entertainment!
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I spent 7 nights here and were totally blown away by beauty of the resort and the excellent staff who really made our stay an absolute pleasure. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the facilities were good, the food and service was excellent and the setting was awesome. Thank you for a fantastic holiday, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pointe aux Canonniers
Trou aux Biches Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resor...
#2 of 5 in Pointe aux Canonniers
Seapoint Boutique Hotel
Seapoint Boutique Hotel
#1 of 5 in Pointe aux Canonniers
Royal Palm Beachcomber Luxury

Been to Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers? Share your experiences!