Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa(Pointe aux Canonniers)
$308
$289
  • Breakfast included
Ocean Villas(Grand Baie)
$116
$95
Mont Choisy Coral Azur Beach Resort(Trou aux Biches)(Great Value!)
$137
$238
$251
$243
Agoda.com
Casuarina Resort & Spa(Trou aux Biches)
$148
$124
  • Breakfast included
Residence Venus(Pointe aux Canonniers)
Seapoint Boutique Hotel(Pointe aux Canonniers)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Le Grand Bleu Hotel(Trou aux Biches)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
3,220 results
All reviewsfamily holidaychief of the villagebeach restaurantfrench speakingevening showsbaby foodother resortslate breakfastfantastic familywater skiingspecial thankswater sportsgreat resortfantastic holidayrecommend this resortsouth africanswent the extra mile
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 2, 2012

My husband and I spent 7 nights here and were totally blown away by beauty of the resort and the excellent staff who really made our stay an absolute pleasure. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the facilities were good, the food and service was excellent and the setting was awesome. Thank you for a fantastic holiday, we'll definitely be back.

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 13, 2012

I went with the hunters group and it was fantastic just want to go again.
Never a DULL MOMENT always busy always something to do. in the 3 days we were there couldn't
even do half of everything that is available to do.
Next time i go ill stay longer.

• Stayed: March 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 3, 2012

My husband, son of 4 and I stayed here for 7 nights at the beginning of August 2012. We chose the hotel mainly because of the reviews of the Kids Club - it turned out that we made the right decision to come here! Our son loved it and he often chose to stay with the Kids Club even when we wanted him to come with us. This gave us lots of free time and we could really relax - we went kayaking, sailing and also just lazed around on the beach. The quality of the food was great and the resort tried very hard to provide variety. The staff at the kids club seemed to enjoy their jobs and made it very easy for the children to enjoy their holiday. The only thing that I would say is that the main language spoken at the resort is definitely French - my son is very confident and able to adapt easily, but a less confident child whose first language isn't English and who can't speak French may have suffered more. Also, the level of customer service wasn't always that good and when feedback was given, the response was not that positive. If you are looking for a quiet break-away, this may not be the best choice of hotel - there was a disco each night and even though our room was far away from the main entertainment area, we could hear the music quite clearly. The noise only stopped at 01h00 in the morning and on the friday night (when the locals come and hang out to relax), it carried on until 2.30.

• Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
3  Thank Safari-mad_75
Reviewed August 28, 2012

I would have rated it 3.5 but gave them the benefit of the doubt
Myself and my family (wife and 2 kids aged 10 & 13) stayed for 2 weeks, and all in all it was a great holiday. i am going to do the bad first and the good second...

BAD
DO NOT STAY IN A ROOM CLOSE TO THE POOL !!! If you do, the disco (every night) will keep you up from 11:30pm - 2:00am) so ensure you make sure you are as far away as possible
Basically the rooms were average at best.
The room was average at best, we had lost of problems with the room (Shower not working, Toilet broken, Could not unlock safe and multiple of there things). I would stay in a deluxe room as they are better than the standard rooms and cleaner and closer to the beach
There are no corals where you can snorkel, you have to catch a boat which goes 3 times per day which is a bit of a problem

GOOD
Awesome Food
Great Beach
Lots of things for the kids to do
Lots of activities for families
Great location

All in all it was a great 2 weeks holiday. It was my 1st time in a club med and I would go there again, both to a club med and to this specific one. if it was not for the rooms this holiday would have been perfect.

Room Tip: Do NIOT get a room close to the Pool and Theater as the Disco is both late and loud !!!
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank Martin W
Reviewed August 13, 2012

Look the Club Med formula has been mimicked by so many hotel chains, but it still does it best. I stayed in the same resort 18 years ago and they certainly have improved the resort tenfold from a facilities point of view. The rooms have been refurbed superbly and the resort has a much more upmarket feel. I love the all-inclusive arrangements at Club Med, so you seldom have to worry about drinks and snacking. The staff or G.Os' are, as always super-friendly and hospitable. It's always a challenge that the clubs have majority French speaking guests when you don't speak the lingo...they don't like mingling much, but we were in a big group so it didn't matter much. Despite unfriendly and rather stuck up french kids, our kids stillhad a great time and participated in everything they could (and the club offers loads of stuff), leaving the adults with plenty 'alone time'

What can be improved - I would say that the buffet formula is a bit monotonous - the big themed dinners of the past seem to have been watered down - THAT doesn't mean that the food is average - its good but not great; the tennis courts were abysmal, in fact shameful for a resort that punts how wonderful their sports facilities are BUT their coach did say they will be fixing them soon.

That's it - it's a solid 4/5 resort -you'll love... it won't blow you away, but it certainly won't let you down! I'd go back anytime

Stayed: August 2012