I love Mauritius for a variety of reasons. My friends say I am crazy to keep going there, this was my 10th holiday and one of the best. I have stayed at various hotels and always like to try something new. Last April my husband and I stayed at Paul & Virginie...NEVER AGAIN... Dont go there!!!! This time we went to Club Med, which has recently had a revamp. What a difference to our last experience. The staff, accomodation, food, surroundings etc... made up for the Horror staff, food, service etc... at Paul & Virginie 1000 times over! We stayed in a Sea Facing delux room on the ground floor which was modern, clean and the bed was in the middle of the floor facing out towards the sea so I could lie in bed and read my book with an awesome view. From the moment we landed, the staff at Club Med took over and wowed us... we were made to feel comfortable, totally welcome, wanted, cared for, greeted and smiled at and it was all without effort from there part, the staff seem to be happy people and are not doing it for tips as you are not allowed to tip there. The food was great, neat, clean, tasty food with a base of salads and other buffet styles for lunch and dinner (All inclusive) They always made something special each night, either Prawns, Carpaccio, Sushi, Salmon etc... We had 2 Lobster Barbeques on the beach, they literally brought the restauarant out onto the grass next to the beach with beautiful white linen, covered chairs etc... We are going back ASAP! This was a very relaxing enjoyable holiday with exceptional service. Thank you Club Med!
Property: Club Med La Pointe aux CanonniersAddress: Grand Baie, Pointe aux Canonniers, Grand Baie, Mauritius
Location: Mauritius > Riviere du Rempart District > Grand Baie > Pointe aux Canonniers
Ranked #3 of 5 Hotels in Pointe aux Canonniers
Price Range (Based on Average Rates): $$$$
Number of rooms: 281
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- In the Southern hemisphere, in the heart of the Indian Ocean, Mauritius brings together all kinds of beauty. You can marvel at a palette of colors, from the evergreen mountain to the perfectly blue sea, from colorful gardens to the beach of coral sand. In this unspoilt natural setting with abundant greenery, the colonial-style bungalows of La Pointe aux Canonniers, gently rise above lush green lawns awash with hibiscus. In this atmosphere of variety, you will discover this renovated Village. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Club Med so you can book your Club Med La Pointe aux Canonniers reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Club Med La Pointe Aux Canonniers Hotel Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Club Med Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Pointe Aux Cannoniers Club Med
- Club Med La Pointe Aux Canonniers Mauritius