We went to Mauritius for 2 weeks all inclusive to Le Canonnier. While we were there we also got married!!
In total there were 7 of us including one child (7 years old). We booked three rooms between us. When we arived we were pleased to find out that we had all been upgraded. We ( my husband and I) booked a standard sea facing room and ended up with a superior room. The other guests booked garden facing and ended up with sea facing. All the rooms were beautifully decorated and clean.
Rooms were cleaned on a daily basis, cant say the towels were chaged daily but every couple of days a new towel sculpture would appear in the room! Attention to detail was amazing. For example, flower arangements replaced daily, and the stairs in the hotel reception were swept up constantly.
The staff were very friendly, and would remind you of all inclusive deadlines. Meaning they would remind you know when to oder your last few free drinks etc. Drinks and food were very pricey if you werent all inclusive.
The hotel has one buffet resaurant, large selection of food, but a little canteen like. There is an a la carte restaurant but you have to book in advance. Food there is very good. The reatuarant then turns into a nightclub, which was dead the whole time we were there. The bar near the pool was where we spent most of our time. The only problem being it closed at midnight. We were sat in the dark many a time after the staff had left!!
The weather was changeable to say the least. Was always warm but not always sunny. Quite a few heavey downpours too, but they didnt usually last long.
The wedding was fantastic. The wedding coordinator was very helpful. Be careful with your choice of photographer! Be sure to find out exactly what they offer. We were given the choice of 2 photographers and expected them to both offer the same service. After speaking to another couple, we found out this was not so! Our photographer picked our photos for us whereas the other photographer let the couple choose from all the shots. Our wedding coordinator did what he could to help us out with our problems though and aranged another meeting with the photographer.
We got married at 4pm, short ceremony followed by cocktails and cake cutting. Then photo session all over the resort. Very tiring but we have some nice photos from it. Then back to the restaurant where we had a private table set up on the beach with our own chef serving a seafood barbeque. We also aranged for a small bonfire and local dancers for a little entertainment. During the meal we had a musical trio playing to us. After the meal we carried on the party in the nightclub, which as mentioned before is so empty it felt like a private party.
We loved our time in mauritius. Tried a couple of trips out and about with a local mini bus/taxi driver and the island is beautiful, but we really could have just spent the whole time in the hotel.
Will be pleased to help out if anyone has any questions about this hotel
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A trendy family resort in Mauritius One of the best family resorts in Mauritius, Le Canonnier stands proudly above the coastline on a historic peninsula. Le Canonnier enhances the authentic Mauritian atmosphere with commanding views over the northern islands and sparkling Indian Ocean, lush tropical gardens dotted with cascading pools and a string of secluded creeks. Bearing testimony to the island's historical past are ruins of a lighthouse and fortress blending seamlessly into the tropical gardens. A wide variety of land and water sports is on offer. A unique feature of the resort is its wellness centre built in the branches of a banyan tree where therapists soothe body and mind. The hotel is also known for its unique mini-club housed in an ancient lighthouse. Guests can select the optional "Beachcomber All-Inclusive Package" which covers most food and drinks for complete peace of mind during their holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Agoda, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets and HotelQuickly so you can book your Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Canonnier Hotel Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Le Canonnier Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius/Pointe Aux Canonniers