We chose this hotel for our 1week honeymoon. I 'm not sure exactly what was the problem, but the hotel didn't came up to my expectations. Probably we excpected something better judging from the money that we paid for the trip and receiving a standard room sea view (sea about 50m away!!), right next to the reception!
Have to admit that the staff was more than kind and polite, friendly and helpful and if I asked for a better room maybe I could have it ,but I didn't try it. When I came back I checked the rates in the hotel's site and found out that with the money we gave we could have the honeymoon suite, but maybe that depends on the travel agent and I'm sure a great deal goes there...
Anyway,weather was fine, sea and pool both very cold but after long sunbathing you can suffer it!
Food was just perfect each day in buffet restaurant and ate every time more than enough of all tastes, desserts and fruits...We didn't have the chance to eat at Navigator. Didn't expect that we had to pay even for the water in the restaurant. We had FB but all drinks were no included...In the end we had to pay a bill that we would surely avoid in all inclusive.
Tip: Take a taxi to do your souvenir shopping at Port Louis or anywhere you like. Nasser (the one that was mentioned in another review also) was very kind, helpful and took us wherever we wanted to.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A trendy family resort in Mauritius One of the best family resorts in Mauritius, Le Canonnier stands proudly above the coastline on a historic peninsula. Le Canonnier enhances the authentic Mauritian atmosphere with commanding views over the northern islands and sparkling Indian Ocean, lush tropical gardens dotted with cascading pools and a string of secluded creeks. Bearing testimony to the island's historical past are ruins of a lighthouse and fortress blending seamlessly into the tropical gardens. A wide variety of land and water sports is on offer. A unique feature of the resort is its wellness centre built in the branches of a banyan tree where therapists soothe body and mind. The hotel is also known for its unique mini-club housed in an ancient lighthouse. Guests can select the optional "Beachcomber All-Inclusive Package" which covers most food and drinks for complete peace of mind during their holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Agoda, HotelQuickly and HRS so you can book your Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Canonnier Hotel Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Le Canonnier Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius/Pointe Aux Canonniers