We spent one week at the Le Cannonier last week on a full board basis and had a blast. The staff was very friendly and helpful at all times. Upon our arrival late at night at 21:45 we were greeted with a cool facecloth and a fruit juice which was very welcoming! We were booked into our room within 10 mins and were sent to have dinner in the Italian restaurant on site whilst our luggage was taken to our room by a porter. During unpacking we noticed that the toilet in our bathroom was leaking water on the floor. After reporting it to the night cleaning staff, maintenance staff arrived to fix it within 10 mins of reporting the problem. Very impressive.
The hotel has the most beautiful sunrises and sunsets. The rooms are clean and comfortable and the towel art everyday is a sight to behold. As I find the duvets to hot to sleep under in such warm climates, I requested an extra sheet to be used as a top sheet to sleep under and my request was attended to immediately.
The food at the buffet section and the beach restaurant was excellent. There really was something every day to suit all tastes. The only complaint was all the Rhum in the cocktails.
Snorkling on the beach was amazing as the reefs are extensive. Only thing is to remember to bring "booties" or simular shoes to swim or walk on the beach with as there are a lot of dead coral on the beach and in the sea.
We will definately visit there again!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A trendy family resort in Mauritius One of the best family resorts in Mauritius, Le Canonnier stands proudly above the coastline on a historic peninsula. Le Canonnier enhances the authentic Mauritian atmosphere with commanding views over the northern islands and sparkling Indian Ocean, lush tropical gardens dotted with cascading pools and a string of secluded creeks. Bearing testimony to the island's historical past are ruins of a lighthouse and fortress blending seamlessly into the tropical gardens. A wide variety of land and water sports is on offer. A unique feature of the resort is its wellness centre built in the branches of a banyan tree where therapists soothe body and mind. The hotel is also known for its unique mini-club housed in an ancient lighthouse. Guests can select the optional "Beachcomber All-Inclusive Package" which covers most food and drinks for complete peace of mind during their holidays in Mauritius. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Agoda, Priceline, Expedia, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Hotwire and Orbitz so you can book your Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Le Canonnier Hotel Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Le Canonnier Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa Mauritius/Pointe Aux Canonniers