Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Ocean Villas(Grand Baie)
$116
$95
Mont Choisy Coral Azur Beach Resort(Trou aux Biches)(Great Value!)
$137
$238
$251
$243
Agoda.com
Casuarina Resort & Spa(Trou aux Biches)
$148
$124
  • Breakfast included
Residence Venus(Pointe aux Canonniers)
clubmed.us
  • Breakfast included
Seapoint Boutique Hotel(Pointe aux Canonniers)
No availability for your dates from our partners
Le Grand Bleu Hotel(Trou aux Biches)
No availability for your dates from our partners
  • Pool
3,971 results
All reviewsle canonnierall inclusive packagele navigatornavigator restaurantbuffet restaurantgrand baiesea facing roommain barkids clubbeach shoeswater sportswedding coordinatorour honeymoonrecommend lesister hoteltable tennisspecial thanks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 19, 2012

Through a travel agency we opted for the ALL inclusive option at Le Canonnier..

Arrival was awesome - we got arrival drinks, a hot towel and all aspects of hotel explained to us by a very polite and friendly employee.

we were taken to our superior sea facing room which was a free upgrade due to our package. it is basic but comfortable. bed is HUGE =) most of the tv channels are french so we just watched whatever we had on our laptops.

The boathouse employees were so friendly and helpful - both the free and paid for water-sports we did were well organised and well maintained machinery etc. i would definitely recommend the undersea walk! (extra cost)

the beaches and pools are BETTER than any of the pictures on the internet..

the restaurants were good, but we preferred going to the buffet one for all three meals. the food wasnt amazing, but enjoyable! the bar which has wifi makes some awesome cocktails =)

One thing that really stands out for me with Le Canonnier is the staff... they make you feel like royalty, yet at the same time like family. EVERY single staff member greets and smiles and offers assistance.

we spent 2 days driving around Mauritius and doing some sight seeing. but honestly, next time we shall just be lazing around the resort.. there is plenty to do there and really is little reason to leave.

my only real complaint is that the laundry is RIDICULOUSLY priced!! it came to R700 for about 15 items, including underwear. next time we will either find a laundry in Grand Bay or just hand wash everything - a bit of a pain but hey..

we plan on going back next year =)

Room Tip: i would suggest a superior sea facing or pool facing room. both are perfect!
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ShazScott
Reviewed November 12, 2012

From the outside this hotel looks great but enter the room and suddenly deflation sets in! We recently spent a week there and let me say that the food and the surrounds were good. However my travel agent informed me that I had received an upgrade to a superior room, what excitement!
On arrival I could not believe how basic the room was classified as superior? At very best the room was average and tiny. The furniture was at least 10 years old and the TV one of the fat ones that I didn't realise still existed. The plumbing? well the less said about that the better. The bath towels were ancient and like sandpaper and the hand towels on a par with the rags I use to was my car. Now I know that the cost of anything at Mauritian hotels is equivalent to what one pays in Europe (puzzling considering the labour costs are rock bottom). Internet usage for one hour 800 rupees which was free at the previous hotel I staid in. Now be warned this is a family hotel and if you enjoy children (brats) running past your evening dinner table and fighting and splashing at the pool (unsupervised) then you will enjoy yourself. The evening meals are special to me but not at this establishment. In fact I get the feeling that one gets lured to Mauritius by special offers but once arriving there the fleecing begins. R42 (South African Rand) for a locally produced average beer, R20 for a bottle of water, you are advised not to drink the tap water and the list goes. At the airport R60 for two cups of coffee!!! Out of the six hotels I have staid at on Mauritius, this one ranks second bottom. Let me not mention the bottom one.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Tom K
Reviewed November 8, 2012

Stunning hotel, grounds, beach and pools. We had an amazing and wonderful week there for our honeymoon, in a sea view room and wow what a view. Room was great, simple not huge but who spends that much time in their room. Restaurants were great, the main one was a bit big and busy for us, but just not what we are used to. Bar area was beautiful and staff were friendily, and we got the time to ourselves that we wanted. We did a tour which was all french speaking except for us, this I wouldn't do again, very isolated but the hotel changed our next booking for a tour to a private car and that was way nicer, means you can do it in your own time and do more or less what you want. Great hotel shop, got to love a well stocked lovely shop full of goodies. Massages etc were amazing, and in such a stunning location. Overall a beautiful place especially for a honeymoon and well worth a visit and if you have kids they seem to really go all out for them which was great to see.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
2  Thank izzyDarEsSalaam
Reviewed October 25, 2012

It is a very nicely located hotel. There is a shop a 5-minute walk away as well as a bus stop from where you can go to the Grand Bay, botanical garden or Port Louis.
The food and service is excellent. I think the all-inclusive option is a good choice so that you don’t have to worry about the rather high prices of everything.
There is a “mini-club” for children above the age of 3 where you can leave the kids with two kindergarten teachers who take care of them. There is no playground for the kids.
The beach is rather stony and there is very little shade, so many people choose the swimming pool, which is crowded. I suppose this shouldn’t happen in a hotel of this class.
If you like activities – there is an awesome choice of water sports.
I really enjoyed it.

• Stayed: December 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank trvlgrll
Reviewed October 22, 2012

We had an amazing time for our honeymoon. The hotel and surroundings were very beautiful, services and food were great, really great! Every day the menu (except breakfast) was different, you could chose from variety of meals including starters, meat, fish, fruits. Two beaches and lot's of sea activities included into AI package. 2 weeks gone very fast, we loved time in this hotel.

Room Tip: Only sea-view room, the view is fantastic!
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple