Arrive here about 7pm 28 feb 2012. Great nice villa and recommend to all who want to explore Mauritius and just looking for nice home stay villa. Location not direct on the beach but it's walking distance and you can find shops and store to get your needs. For me I love to walk and see the area so I don't mind walking to the beach. The beach it's clean and nice. There is different beach which good for snorkeling as well. Traveling around not hard from here. You have choice to take local buses to grand baie which cost you about 60 rupees. 2 usd. I can consider its a bargain to explore grand baie. Rent a car is must coz I much better for you to explore all island which is not that big 80km for whole island. And if you take take taxi with the driver it cost you about 80 euros perday. I rent a car for 90 euro and it's three day. How cool it's that. It's save me lots of money to rent a car. Not to worry where to go coz just follow the main street and it takes where you wanna go. Of course there is signboard which show the direction. It's interesting for me to drive like that. Stop and ask local people if you not sure. And please remember your hotel address, coz if you lost you know where you belong too..... Hahahaha.. Well the moment I wrote this review it's my second day in LA POINTE Villa. So I will write more when I have free time to keep you guys update with what's going on during my stay. Special thanks to villa owner. Mr George. He did assist me a lot via email coz he is in Europe this time and I expect to see him early march. Not too forget Hugo, man on the show who look after the villa. He's really like the managing director of this place. He cares all of us like really five star butler. Which u only can get in Hilton international. Personal care service. I can sat this because I'm an executive chef that work in Moscow. Use to work with Hilton and shangrila international. In this villa u can stock up you fridge some food for you own use and for toiletries you can buy this in local shop around. Like us we bought all our needs in Dubai airport coz its cheaper. To find nice home stay in Mauritius. This is the right place. La Pointe Villa.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Welcome to La Pointe Villas !Located at La Pointe aux Canonniers, a few minutes from the Grand Baie Village, known for being the ultimate spot for its variety of restaurants, boutiques and nightlife; La Pointe Villas is the ideal place for your vacation in Mauritius. Nestled in a magnificent tropical garden, our 15 villas are surrounded with its 2 superb salt chlorinated swimming pools and the synthetic surface tennis court. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your La Pointe Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- La Pointe Villas Hotel Pointe Aux Cannoniers
- La Pointe Villas Mauritius/Pointe Aux Canonniers