“Great place with environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of La Pointe Villas

La Pointe Villas
“Great place with environment”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

Arrive here about 7pm 28 feb 2012. Great nice villa and recommend to all who want to explore Mauritius and just looking for nice home stay villa. Location not direct on the beach but it's walking distance and you can find shops and store to get your needs. For me I love to walk and see the area so I don't mind walking to the beach. The beach it's clean and nice. There is different beach which good for snorkeling as well. Traveling around not hard from here. You have choice to take local buses to grand baie which cost you about 60 rupees. 2 usd. I can consider its a bargain to explore grand baie. Rent a car is must coz I much better for you to explore all island which is not that big 80km for whole island. And if you take take taxi with the driver it cost you about 80 euros perday. I rent a car for 90 euro and it's three day. How cool it's that. It's save me lots of money to rent a car. Not to worry where to go coz just follow the main street and it takes where you wanna go. Of course there is signboard which show the direction. It's interesting for me to drive like that. Stop and ask local people if you not sure. And please remember your hotel address, coz if you lost you know where you belong too..... Hahahaha.. Well the moment I wrote this review it's my second day in LA POINTE Villa. So I will write more when I have free time to keep you guys update with what's going on during my stay. Special thanks to villa owner. Mr George. He did assist me a lot via email coz he is in Europe this time and I expect to see him early march. Not too forget Hugo, man on the show who look after the villa. He's really like the managing director of this place. He cares all of us like really five star butler. Which u only can get in Hilton international. Personal care service. I can sat this because I'm an executive chef that work in Moscow. Use to work with Hilton and shangrila international. In this villa u can stock up you fridge some food for you own use and for toiletries you can buy this in local shop around. Like us we bought all our needs in Dubai airport coz its cheaper. To find nice home stay in Mauritius. This is the right place. La Pointe Villa.

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank Rashidin_rashid

Business
Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Mumbai (Bombay), India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2011

Me and my wife visited Mauritius on a tight budget. Searched through many budget hotels and apartments on TP and zeroed in on La Pointe Villas despite of very less review for it. I do not regret my decision to choose La Pointe Villas. They are a self serviced apartments within budget.

It is very nicely situated at Pointe Aux Canonniers on Royal Road. Let me tell you my experience in detail.

Before booking I exchanged many emails with the owner of villas Mr. George Wong, he was very prompt on replying and very helpful in each and every aspect while booking. I had requested for an early check in at 1100hrs and it was done for us. We were greeted by the caretaker of the villas Mr.Hugo. He is very kind and helpful.

The villas are very beautiful and similar to that shown in the picture in their website. We had booked a luxury studio. It is sufficient for 2 people, with a double bed, wardrobe with a digital safe enough to hold documents, cash and a small laptop. Kitchen is equipped with a stove, microwave oven, refrigerator, pans, plates and cutlery. Bathroom had a bathtub which I think is only for luxury studios. Bathroom had a hair dryer and a laundry bag. You can request a bag full of laundry for Rs.200/- and they will do it for you, you just need to fill the basket and leave a note.

Rooms are cleaned everyday except on sunday's. The sheets and towels are changed every alternate day. You get one bathing soap and a roll of toilet paper initially, for rest you need to buy your own. There is no phone in the room and the TV has only 4-5 local channels. There is a CD player with radio where you can tune in to local stations.

There is a small supermarket (a departmental store) named Momo's where you can easily buy everything needed. It just 2 minutes walk from the villas. Right in front of this supermarket there is a bus stop where you can avail public bus service.

No problem with the rooms. The environment in the villas is calm, quiet and refreshing. Swimming pool is also nice. The villas are very secure. You get two keys one for your villa and one for the main entrance gate.

We were there for Christmas and the owner Mr. George Wong was very kind to throw a Christmas eve barbecue for all residents of villas for free. We were a bit late for the barbecue so Mr. George himself came to our villa and invited us.

Mon Choisy beach is a 10 minute walk from villas where you can enjoy the beach. There is a scooter and car rental company near by. Also there are three nice restaurants within 5 minutes walking distance namely Hidden Reef, Patch n Parrot and La Palmier.

My overall experience with La Pointe Villas is excellent and would recommend it to anyone who is looking for a no frills, self serviced apartments.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
6 Thank ChinCho
Tuscany
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 25, 2011

My husband and I have spent six weeks at La Pointe Villas . We appreciated the location: near beautiful beaches, shops and restaurants, but not on the principal road, so no traffic noise can be heard. The bus stop is very near and the bus service very efficient, so we travelled every day to various places spending so little and being in contact with the local people. The garden which surrounds the swimming pool is beautiful and a good place to relax.Ugo, the man in charge of the flats, who lives on the premises, was very useful to give information, book tours etc.He and all his family were very friendly and we won't forget them. So we enjoyed our stay even if some design solutions in the flats are not rational.

• Stayed January 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank AnaTuscany
Oulu, Finland
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 28, 2010

We chose this hotel because of it's location: nearby the Mont Choicy -beach and a bus-ride away from Grand Bay. Hotel looked just like in photos and we had very good service. There were several restaurants nearby and busses came every 10 minutes.

It was peaceful and the hotel would suit perfectly to families with children. The hotel area was rounded with a fence and the pool was also rounded.

We would like to thank all the staff for the good service! We were lucky to spend two extra nights in Mauritius and La Pointe Villas, thanks to volcano in Iceland!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled with friends
2 Thank Girls-from-Finland
Essex, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 29, 2009

My boyfriend and I chose to visit Mauritius to celebrate my birthday and decided self-catering would give us freedom. We rented the 2-bed bungalow for a week and found it a smashing little house, in a bustling part of town with the best beach nearby. Staff were on-hand but left us in peace. A small pool outside for the handful of villas was only dipped in by us. We had all the privacy we needed while feeling in a safe community with other (friendly) guests next door. While we had a great break we discovered the expensive hotels claimed the best (cleanest) beaches so if you want the guide book lavish experience fork out for one of those instead.

• Stayed November 2009, traveled as a couple
Ocean Villas
Ocean Villas
#14 of 28 in Grand Baie
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resort & Spa
Canonnier Beachcomber Golf Resor...
#2 of 5 in Pointe aux Canonniers
4.5 of 5 bubbles 3,404 reviews
Mont Choisy Coral Azur Beach Resort
Mont Choisy Coral Azur Beach Res...
#2 of 10 in Trou aux Biches
Seapoint Boutique Hotel
Seapoint Boutique Hotel
#1 of 5 in Pointe aux Canonniers

Been to La Pointe Villas? Share your experiences!