“take a break here”

Ranked #1 of 14 Limbe B&B and Inns
Berlin, Germany
“take a break here”
Reviewed April 21, 2014

My husband and I came on our way to Douala airport for a brief visit to the beach. It's a great place if you like to have less "circus" around you. Nice private beach access across the road with food/drink service until dark. The hotel itself has several cabins which make up the charm of the place. Good bathrooms, good bed. TV didn't work but who cares when you have ocean view! Internet access might work when MTN works...The staff was super- relaxed and friendly. And the food great.
Biggest challenge is to get a taxi to Limbe.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank elkeadele

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (10)
Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed October 1, 2013

The last time i visited this hotel, it was simply just amazing. It is a great place go an relax with your family, friends or business partners. it is one of the best places i have ever stayed in Cameroon. everybody is welcoming, the food is great and the beach is wonderful. From what I observed, it is never cold in limbe so you can swim at anytime you want. What interested me the most about this hotel is the amazing view you get of mount Cameroun no matter where your standing. If you love to relax, this is the place for you because you wouldn't find two places like this in limbe.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Tsamo R
Colorado Springs
Reviewed March 14, 2013

High school students from Colorado have enjoyed this wonderful ecolodge on our trips to Cameroon for the last several years. The staff is friendly and accommodating, the rooms are
clean and spacious, and the location is fantastic. Our thanks go to all who make the Tsaben Lodge such a wonderful and peaceful haven for us. The thought, care, and attention to cultural nuances that the Tsaben Lodge offers make all the difference for us. Thank you, thank you, Tsaben Lodge!!

• Stayed April 2012, traveled on business
2 Thank MamaBear80906
United States
Reviewed February 25, 2013

I have been to this hotel twice: once in 2010 and again in March of 2012. This hotel was one of the best places I stayed at during each of my three week trips in Cameroon. I'll start by saying that the location is fantastic! The hotel sits on a hill overlooking its private volcanic sand beach below. Swimming is a convenient activity because the beach is so close. On the right side of the beach, there is a freshwater spring hiding between two massive rocks that is fun to explore. The hotel also has an open-air building with tables just above the beach for picnics and dinners by the ocean. The hotel itself is quite pleasant. There are several different buildings, including the main restaurant, the room huts, and even a conference-style room for meetings. Unlike most other places I stayed at in Cameroon, this hotel has individual bathrooms for its rooms. After squatting over pit latrines and toilets without seats for days at a time, these bathrooms were especially pleasant.

This hotel provides a peaceful and traditional experience. The food is prepared fresh, so you should not expect it to come out as fast as pre-cooked restaurant food. The hotel is about 20 minutes outside of downtown Limbe, which helps keep traffic and noise to a minimum. I enjoy walking from building to building to get fresh air, so the "open campus" feel worked well for me. There is no pool or fitness center, but I didn't find this to be a problem because the beach is so close and I walked everywhere I went.

I definitely enjoyed my stays in Tsaben Beach Hotel. It provided a great way to swim and take a break from the hustle and bustle of Douala and Yaounde.

Room Tip: The hut-style rooms had new air conditioners last time I was there, so those proved to be quite comf...
Bryn Mawr, Pennsylvania, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I found the beach here to be remarkably beautiful. The room I stayed in was very clean and spacious. I felt very comfortable there. The food was outstanding as well. The views from here were beautiful. I stayed here for a few days with my friends, and all of us had a good time. The staff was also incredibly nice! I would love to go back there, and I would highly recommend this hotel to anyone.

Colorado Springs, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

Our whole group found great pleasure in our stay at the Tsaben Beach Hotel in Limbe. Cameroon is a beautiful country, full of beautiful people with a lot to share, but it is also a busy place with the challenges of developing countries. Our group spent time in Yaounde and Douala as well as Dschang and some smaller towns. Limbe was our last stop, and we all wished we'd gone there sooner. Didn't want to leave that place! A great experience. Incredible food and wonderful people. All my friends would love it!

Colorado Spring, Colorado, United States
Reviewed February 24, 2013

The rooms were very well kept, and all the people were friendly. I felt right at home. Not to mention I never had a bad meal. Definitely some of the best food I tasted who I was in Cameroon. To top off my experience here, the location on the beach was ideal! It made for gorgeous scenery and fun afternoons! I would go back in a heartbeat!

2 Thank Kailyn J
Also consider these accommodations in or near Limbe
Fini Hotel Bobende
#5 of 7 in Kribi
Ibis Douala
Ibis Douala
#1 of 31 in Douala

Been to Tsaben Beach Hotel? Share your experiences!