“The best part of our vacation”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Kachemak Bay State Park
Hideaway Cove Wilderness Lodge
Reviewed October 26, 2013

We spent one night at Hideaway Cove with our two boys, age 7 and 10. The place was absolutely beautiful, tucked away in the trees, with fantastic views of the cove. We hiked to the glacier and kayaked across the lake; really this was the highlight of our Alaska trip. We wished we had booked an additional night to stay, but even so, we will have many wonderful memories. We very much enjoyed Jordan and his son, Miles, who also accompanied us on our hike, and our kids say that they would love to go back again someday!

Reviewed September 19, 2013

Hideaway Cove is truly a secret paradise. We stayed 2 nights/3 days and I'm not sure if have yet picked up our jaws off the floor. Awestruck beauty surrounded us. We didn't want to leave! Jordan and his staff are so generous and fun. The water taxi ride over from the Homer Spit to Hideaway Cove was so beautiful....eagles, otters, puffins. Our water front cabins were so cozy with an ocean view, gas fireplace and comfy chairs on our little deck. The community yurt was a great place to hang out. There are several books about plants, wildlife, geology, hikes, etc. Games, cards. Hot water for tea/hot cocoa and coffee. A nice observation deck leads out from the yurt--a great place to soak in views. We really liked Jordan's layer-back style. It was nice to have a guided trip with him on the kayaks and it was equally as nice to have a day on our own to relax, hike, and just enjoy the place. The perfect combination of rest,relaxation and adventure. Thanks again, Jordan! Hope to see you again soon! Dave and Kristi

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 9, 2013

My brother and I stayed at Hideaway Cove for 5 days and it blew our minds. The Wilderness Lodge is nestled away in the breathtaking coastal forest, but not too isolated. This lodge is a mix between Neverland (Peter Pan) and Summer Camp. Jordan and his family are some of the sweetest, insightful, and most hospitable people you will ever meet. The lodging is terrific; you stay in adorable, rustic, woodsy cabins with sensational views of Hideaway Cove. The food is SO GOOD!!!!!! Seriously, Jordan and his crew could open up a restaurant, their cooking is off-the-charts. The daily outings are educational, really fun, and Jordan and the crew make sure your needs are being taken care of. I could not recommend this place more!!!!!!!!!

Room Tip: you can't go wrong with any of their cabins!!!!!!! all have a to-die-for view!!!!
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank Lauren H
Reviewed September 1, 2013

I have recently moved to Anchorage and when my family traveled here to visit I knew I wanted to go somewhere breathtaking. We made the trip down to Hideaway Cove Wilderness Lodge and I am so happy that we did. Upon our arrival to Homer we were picked up by Jordan (the owner) and traveled via boat across the glass like inlet. As soon as we entered Halibut Cove both my parents and I were in Awe and knew it would be a once and a life time experience. The first night we got settled into our very comfortable, clean lodge and just soaked in the beauty of the ocean and mountain all around us. The next morning (my 23 birthday) we were served a wonderful breakfast and got ready for the days adventures. We made our way up the lush mountain side with Jordan providing us with a wealth of knowledge in regards to the plants and animals that inhabit the area as well as historical information about Halibut Cove. We continued along the well groomed trails with what seemed to be almost tropical forest all around us. Once we made it through the lush forest the land opened up into a glacier river basin where we walked to a glacial lake. We then proceeded to Kayak on the ancient glacial lake with giant glacial ice blocks all around us. We slowly made our way up to the glacier and got out of our Kayaks and ate lunch over looking this vibrant blue glacier.

I don't typically write this long of reviews, however because of the combination of amazing hospitality and sheer beauty I experienced at Hideaway Cove I felt compelled to write this. I have had 23 birthdays in my life and staying at Hideaway Cove was by far the best one yet!

Reviewed August 31, 2013

My husband and I did the 3 night guided excursion. JJ picked us up at the Spit and we had a bit of a Kachemak Bay tour on our way in, stopping near gull island and getting a bit closer look at a black bear on the beach in the cove. There are more otters than I can count in the cove. They are so much fun to watch. The hike to the glacier lake was quick, its really more about the kayaking than the hike. It was calm and comfortable on the lake. We ate Halibut with a garlic/bacon topping that rivals what is served at The Saltry the next cove over. Blueberry pancakes were outstanding as others have mentioned. The cabin is cozy; a gas fireplace warms it wonderfully, the shower is hot and the bed is one thats hard to leave. Our sea kayak trip was the highlight for me. It was quiet and calm, a bit drizzly but that didn't damper the outing. The kayaks are easy and we kept quite dry. We saw eaglets, seals, porpoise, "land" otters and tons of birds. The low tide beach combing was unbelievable. I thought I'd have to look had for starfish. It was a bit of a challenge not to step on them,they are all over. The family is really friendly and hospitable. I felt like a long lost friend. You really can't go wrong at this place. Thanks JJ!

Room Tip: Only one cabin doesn't have a bay view from bed.
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank DrShnaynay
Reviewed August 14, 2013

My family of 5 visited Hideaway Cove for 2 nights. The setting is breathtaking and very secluded. Included in our visit was a day of hiking to a glacier which was super informative and enjoyable. Unfortunately the weather wasn't cooperative and we had to cancel our kayaking but our host, Jordan and son Miles, made sure we had a tour in their enclosed boat. We saw every kind of wildlife imaginable. Our visit was all inclusive and food was included. No shortage on portion and the quality was delicious. We will definitely go back someday.

Room Tip: Ask for the oceanfront cabin if possible to enjoy the breathtaking view. The forest cabins are grea...
Reviewed August 11, 2013

It is truly hidden in Halibut Cove. The comfortable cabins cannot be seen from the water till you are right in front of them. Surrounded completely by nature(It's inside a State Park). Wildlife all around. Hiking trails immediately accessible from the lodge. Hike to a glacier, kayak in a lake and in the cove, hike to a valley and cross over the river by hanging basket. All the while learning about the flora and the fauna from an experienced guide. Jordan (J.J.) will also teach you a bit about Alaskan history. Comfortable cabins, great food (make sure to request the blueberry pancakes for breakfast). The views from the lodge are amazing. The yurt and its deck are perfect to exchange stories and experiences with other guest. The sauna is welcomed after a day of hiking. Wish we could have stayed longer.

Room Tip: Everything is a short walking distance from your cabin, but the cabins towards the back have their o...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family

Been to Hideaway Cove Wilderness Lodge? Share your experiences!