2,232 results
All reviews afternoon tea course meal wedding party wedding breakfast birthday treat carvery dinner lovely hotel wedding reception couldn't do enough from start to finish main course soup sandwiches my mum beef bar area following morning
Selected filters
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Tucked away just off the A1M the Bridge offers a friendly welcome, the staff obliging, room was superb and there is plenty of car parking space.
Breakfast excellent - oddly enough no Shredded Wheat or Weetabix or similar cereals but the oat muesli is terrific as were the prunes.

Room tip: Lower numbered rooms were extremely quiet
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Marisa12, Manager at The Bridge Hotel and Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Thankyou for the review, hope to see you again soon maybe to try a overnight spa package.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Everything tired and cheap. Spa was literally a grotty hot tub in a run down corner of the hotel and a sauna/steam room. All grotty and certainly not luxurious. Couldn't wait to get out of there. We paid an extra £15 EACH to use these facilities SHOCKING. When we tried to check in no-one was there and we had to go walking around hotel to find some one where we saw dirty pots and dirty table cloths lying around. Food was mediocre. Carvery Yorkshire pudding and roast spuds rock hard and dried up. Some staff didn't speak English and when I asked for a gin and tonic I was given a wine menu? Staff looked unkempt with dirty uniforms. Rooms were tired, bath blocked up when having shower. Couldn't open net curtain to look out over gardens. It's a shame because this hotel looks lovely from outside but that's where it ends. Can't understand why this is a 4 star it needs reviewing urgently

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Stayed here for one night for an evening wedding reception, def not 4 star rooms were very tired, shower was a little trickle, couldn't shut the curtains properly so light was flooding in early morning not worth the money to stay here. The bars were really poorly managed queues of people and only one serving they brought someone else and she didn't have a clue what she was doing had to be shown how to pull a pint not acceptable when they knew they were 3 different functions on. At breakfast next morning the plates were that hot that people were having to fold about 10 serviettes just to hold it was so scared that a child was going to go take one, they would have ended up with 3rd degree burns. Would def not stay there again.Staff never smiled always looked unhappy. Management really need to step in and sort this hotel out.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Just back from a lazy Sunday deal .Amazing!! We stayed in room 3 which was VERY clean and quiet ..Could not fault a thing from the friendly staff and the evening meal and great breakfast ....We live local so will be back very soon ..Thanks..

Room tip: Room 3 was good for us and quiet
Date of stay: September 2019

Thankyou for your review and hope to see you again soon maybe for one of our Christmas party nights.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Me and my family (2 x children 2 x Adults) stayed overnight for a near bye wedding, The room when spoken to the bridge had a king size bed and a zed bed which could be fine for one night. When we checked in the room wasn’t ready, so the hotel kindly took are overnight bag and put it in are room while we head off to the wedding.
When we arrived at the room (01:30am) it was a double bed and a single zed bed! So my husband decided to take the zed bed and me and my two teenage daughter shared the double! Well this didn’t work, so I slept on the floor with a towel to keep me warm! As you can imagine I didn’t get any sleep. When we checked out the receptionist asked if we enjoyed are stay, I replied no as I had to sleep on the floor as the Room wasn’t big enough and it wasn’t a king size bed as previously said over the phone. All she could say was sorry! Not worth the money at all.

Trip type: Traveled with family