“Great Coffee, Good food range (esp. Gluten Free Selection)”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Fusee Rouge Cafe

Fusee Rouge Cafe
Ranked #8 of 33 Restaurants in Cromwell
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Kids, Business meetings, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Brunch, Breakfast, Lunch, Free Wifi, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Cromwell, New Zealand
“Great Coffee, Good food range (esp. Gluten Free Selection)”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014

This is now my local having moved from Auckland just before Christmas - and as I have my coffee untainted by milk its pretty hard to fool me if its made badly.

Really good range of cooked food (make one of the best eggs benedict's I've tasted - photo attached) and tasty treats. Of note is a great range of Gluten Free foods in their cabinet (best i've seen - ever to be honest).

• Visited January 2014

Cumming, GA
“Great Break”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 19, 2013

Exhausted and dehydrated whole driving from Timaru, this was the perfect break with free wifi, fresh nutritious food, and relaxing environment.

• Visited December 2013
Melbourne, Australia
“Coffee and food are great, service inconsistent.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 5, 2013

I came in to Fusee Rouge 3 years ago with a group of friends and the manager was extremely rude to all of us, (I didn't know it at the time he was the manager until I spoke about this to others who had been there. It has a new manager now).

I've dined here a few times this year and the staff were friendly, cakes were delicious and well priced. Recently I was here for a meeting, the cafe was empty except for our table. I looked up to see two young baristas leaning over the coffee machine, (right near our table) heads cocked, blatantly listening into our conversation. It was not until I kept staring at them did they realize I knew they were listening in and turned away very quickly, pretending to be busy. I would never come back here for any kind of meeting and find this to be extremely rude and nosy. I had asked to pay when I left which I was told was fine. When it came time to pay I handed my eftpos card over and the server very rudely said "are you wanting to pay?" which I assumed was quite obvious. She had no record of my order and barely spoke to me during the transaction. The servers are young, rude and could do with some training on customer service.

• Visited December 2013
Sydney, Australia
“Fantastic Find in Cromwell”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 10, 2013

Fusee make THE best coffee in all of New Zealand!! They have a great range of food options to eat in or take away and all that is displayed looks amazing and super fresh. We had a piece of the gingernut slice and one of the apricot slice and both were yummy yummy yummy. The staff are friendly and there is a lovely area outside to sit and enjoy your coffee. Highly recommend that you stop here for coffee or lunch if you are anywhere near Cromwell.
It must be good because when I first went to write a review this café was not listed on Tripadvisor so I wrote to request it be added - now that's a recommendation!!!

• Visited November 2013
Dunedin, New Zealand
“Perfect Stop at Cromwell”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 5, 2013 via mobile

On the way to Queenstown we usually stop here because of the excellent coffee, but there are plenty of high quality snacks, healthy or not, the ones we have had have all been outstanding - roast veges frittata and corn fritters were quite a treat this time. To be highly recommended!

Visited November 2013