“Fulfil your apple cider cravings”
Review of The Cider House Cafe & Bar - CLOSED

The Cider House Cafe & Bar
Cuisines: New Zealand
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Angus and Di welcome you to their cafe. The Cider House can be found just after crossing the bridge on State 8b. It is in the Freeway Complex and is the only cafe looking across to Lake Dunstan. Lovely outdoor area to relax in, either with coffee, a local juice, cider or wine, combine it with a reasonably priced meal or snack. Inside a cosy fire for those winter days.Call in anytime, open 7 days.
Reviewed May 12, 2013 via mobile

My friends and I came across the cafe when we were on our way to Queenstown and we stopped by as we were thirsty and tired after a long drive.

The apple cider was refreshing and the nicest I have drank. And the APPLE CIDER CAKE was really fantastic! very special and tasted amazing! A must try!

Besides that, it was a nice atmosphere with very friendly and helpful staff/owner.

2  Thank Joe J

Reviewed April 18, 2013

If you are hankering for some good old Kiwi hospitality then head to the Cider House. The owners, Di and Angus could not have been more friendly and made our visits there so enjoyable. On our several visits there we managed to sample most of the menu and our particular favourites were the vegetarian quiche and the meat pies. Im not a cider drinker but I must say the draught cider was delicious!

1  Thank jill m
Reviewed April 14, 2013

If you want friendly, welcoming, locals with the best coffee in town then this is place to stop. Our first stop in Cromwell for a family morning tea. The best Chai Latte by far I have ever had & fresh, tasty food served with a warm & friendly smile.

1  Thank raceymel
Reviewed March 31, 2013

First trip to Cromwell today my partner & I thought we eat at this establishment .We arrive circa 1.30pm .The staff were running round clearly overwhelmed .It took ages for them to take our order .The food took nearly an hour to come & to top it all the order was wrong the food was not cooked through (omelette) Will not go again & would not recommend at all.

ciderhouse1, Owner at The Cider House Cafe & Bar, responded to this reviewResponded April 3, 2013

Thanks for your review. We are so very sorry at what sounds like a terrible experience. We would not wish that on anyone. We try so hard to do our very best. We never charge a surcharge. Our kitchen makes the meals in order as they come in. I know we were very busy. Do hope you had a good Easter anyway.

Reviewed March 9, 2013

The team gathered here for Friday Night Drinks. Lovely relaxed venue with Lake Dunstan within view from our outside seating with a glass wind shelter. Selection of drinks was wide. Wine, beer, cider and non alcoholic drinks enjoyed by the group. I tried their cider on tap with fruit juice added and enjoyed immensely. This was an ideal setting for a group like us. Would also be good for a girls or blocks gathering. I had pasta for my main and John had mince nachos. One of my colleagues had the vegetarian nachos and that looked and sounded impressive too. Sounded like everyone enjoyed their meals. Many of the group having pizza from their outdoor pizza oven.

1  Thank JKLM2