“I will return.”

The Cider House Cafe & Bar
Ranked #12 of 33 Restaurants in Cromwell
Cuisines: Cafe, New Zealand
Good for: Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Angus and Di welcome you to their cafe. The Cider House can be found just after crossing the bridge on State 8b. It is in the Freeway Complex and is the only cafe looking across to Lake Dunstan. Lovely outdoor area to relax in, either with coffee, a local juice, cider or wine, combine it with a reasonably priced meal or snack. Inside a cosy fire for those winter days.Call in anytime, open 7 days.
Penguin, Australia
“I will return.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

Friendly, helpful staff with delicious cider. The staff had great local knowledge accompanied with great service

1 Thank ClapsForGoalie

Christchurch, New Zealand
“Understaffed but great coffee”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 13, 2013

I arrived at the Cider House in the morning for a coffee on my way through to Queenstown. The place was busy and I was concerned when I saw only one young man on his own serving and making coffee's. After about five minutes I got served, and despite being flat out he was helpful and took the time to explain to me about the fruit juices and cider. It took about 10 minutes for my coffee and scone to come. When he brought it over it was a very attractive looking flat white and a good sized scone. I was impressed at the service one person was able to provide despite being so busy. i will make a point of stopping here when I next pass through, I didn't have time to order a meal but the food that went out looked very good.

Visited 12 January 2013

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank Dave S
ciderhouse1, Owner at The Cider House Cafe & Bar, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Hi Dave
Thanks for calling in. We do apologise for the fact you believe we were understaffed. We enjoy our customers and try to spend a few minutes with each if possible. It is impossible to have a full staff on all day, as I know you will appreciate. I believe I was away for a short while purchasing some necessary items, so must have just missed you. We are very committed to our business and put in some huge hours, we all give our best and we will be pleased to meet you when next you call in. Thanks for the review.
Regards
Diana
“Highly recommended, great hospitality”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

This place is great, caught in a rough night of weather while camping in Cromwell the hosts kept the restaurant open for us to take shelter whilst enjoying their divine food, cider and A1 hospitality. Couldn't ask for more, will definitely be returning, thanks guys, from the Cromwell tenters!

1 Thank Casso7328
“Excellent place to stop off with very friendly staff and home cooking”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 1, 2013 via mobile

We had a lovely brunch washed down with fresh locally grown fruit juice. All the staff were so friendly and they were just getting muffins out of the oven when we arrived. I had the pancakes and blueberries which even managed to taste as good as it looked. Picked up some cherries and tomatoes for a picnic later in the day.

1 Thank 121interviewcoaching
Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand
“Underwhelmed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 31, 2012

We stopped in here for lunch. I ordered the vegetarian nachos which consisted of corn chips, cheese a few slices of capsicum and sour cream. For 15.50 I would of expected some salsa at least and maybe a few more veges. My boyfriend ordered the chicken kebab wrap, which was okay. It is a nice restaurant and the view was beautiful. But the food was not great for what we paid and the wait was quite long for what we ordered. Other food people had ordered looked quite good but just from this experience I won't be going back any time soon.

• Visited December 2012