“One of a kind”

10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“One of a kind”
Reviewed July 29, 2014

I went to the coast for my birthday after seeing this on tv. What an amazing day. A whole day of fun and a great knife to keep. Simple food but warm and filling. I have shown the knife to many people who also now what to do this. I will be back to make another! Best $150 I have spent in a long time.

Visited June 2014

Timaru, Canterbury, New Zealand
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“This is an amazing must do”
Reviewed July 27, 2014 via mobile

I loved every minute of this and will be back. Would recommend this to everyone! So cool being able to say I made this. Also super cool gift for someone.

Auckland Region, New Zealand
9 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 10 helpful votes
“Something a little different”
Reviewed June 1, 2014

This was to be our final day in the South Island and we had high hopes. Ours was a small group, which made it a really personal experience. Robyn and Steven are fantastic people, with a real passion for life. Steven kept us entertained all day with stories and jokes, and expert instruction. Robyn gave us all a much-welcome hand with the more challenging aspects and provided a tasty lunch, and the popular Barrypagne! Our finished articles look fantstic, I never anticipated my knife would look this good. Almost professional! I would absolutely recommend this to anyone who is travelling that way. And the scenery is wonderful to!

Visited May 2014
Blenheim, New Zealand
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 5 helpful votes
“The best activity in NZ”
Reviewed May 30, 2014

My partner and I were looking forward to going to Barrytown to experience knifemaking for months before we got there, and it still managed to exceed our expectations. We had the best time with Robyn and Steve, they were kind, patient, funny and lovely to spend time with, real Kiwi's. They made something requiring skill accessible to everyone by taking us through it step by step and helping with the really tough or technical bits. We are really pleased with the two, very different, knifes we produced. We would 100% recommend this to anyone visiting the West Coast. Make time in your schedule. Also good value for money.

Visited January 2014
Groningen, The Netherlands
40 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 69 helpful votes
“Still memorable, 6yrs ago”
Reviewed May 15, 2014

Had a lovely time making my own knife. Even my then girlfriend at the time had a blast (she wasn't technical at all). And of course the beautiful result of that day, the knife, is still being used with pride.

Of all the things I've done in a year in NZ, this was one of the highlights.

Visited June 2013