“A rustic gem.”
Review of Blue Parrot

Blue Parrot
Cuisines: Australian
Description: This fabulous little restaurant serves great food and has a lively atmosphere. I have visted as a stopover for coffee & for an evening meal. The area abounds with artistic talents who meet there regularly as the "Dead Poets Society" for inspirational disccussions over beautiful food. I found the location, at the top of a rise above the Ferry marina with views of rainforest and the sea an easy place to visit as one can reach it easily walking up from the jetty. Worth looking into for a day out from Brisbane. There is also a lovely Art Gallery that have regular exhibitions. The one I attended had professionally displayed excellently crafted pottery, wood carvings and beautiful paintings at very reasonable prices. I bought some nice pieces as gifts.
Brisbane, Australia
“A rustic gem.”
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Tucked away on Macleay Island is a little gem of a cafe, with a great vibe, super-friendly staff, excellent food, reasonable pricing - the Blue Parrot.
For a different night out it's worth catching the passenger ferry to, or if you're on Macleay, a must.
The Blue Parrot has activities - artist nights, mums days, etc. We went on a Friday night and listened to a wonderful guitarist playing cool background tunes.
If this place was on the mainland, it'd be packed often. Being on Macleay Island gives the consumer a little more room, but make sure you ring to ensure they are open.
My wife and I enjoyed our visit to the Blue Parrot immensely.

• Visited May 2012